Now playing 19th June 2006

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't got the album that the original version comes from, I think you'd like it. There are quite a few other great numbers as good and interesting as Brimful of Asha

It's not from that album but Handcream For A Generation is a fantastic record, with Spectral Morning in particular being the best thing Noel Gallagher has appeared on.

NP:clanok_foto.jpg

Finally, got round to hearing this last night. I was half expecting 10 re-writes of The Gloaming, which would have been awful. What I actually heard was a wonderfully opaque, deftly constructed album.

It is a very good album that... Andy Gill in the Independent gave it 3/5 but seemed to say it was really good... I really have no time for him, he's rubbish!

I got my promo through of that this week - individually numbered in it's own packaging B)

have you ever listened to oakley hall? you might dig em.
Doubter, I'm all over Oakley Hall like a fat kid on a ham sammich.

Jesus Jumping Christ with a Mullet on a Skateboard. I'm three tracks into Gypsum Strings and so far it's blowing my balls off. If the rest of the album maintains this standard, I'll have an instant entry into my favorites of the year.

How is Second Guessing? Anything like this one?

awesome, glad you dig it. as far as second guessing goes i have not heard it.

It turns out they're opening for Calexico in Detroit on Wednesday and it looks like there are still tickets. I think I'll have to get myself to that show.

Thanks for the tip on this band. I'm now on the last track of Gypsum Strings, and it's been terrific all the way through.

Jesus Jumping Christ with a Mullet on a Skateboard. I'm three tracks into Gypsum Strings and so far it's blowing my balls off. If the rest of the album maintains this standard, I'll have an instant entry into my favorites of the year.

How is Second Guessing? Anything like this one?

Second Guessing is great and was my introduction to the band. I posted something about it here.

np -- Polmo Polpo -- could not recommend this record more for fans of Eno, Sigur Ros, Tortoise, Explosions, etc--

B0000CD5I2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

M.Ward - Post-War

The advance hype on this board is completely deserved. Great album and IMO fifty times better than Transistor Radio (which I was very unimpressed with).

"Requiem" is incredible.