Now playing 19th June 2006

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm...

this is pretty decent through 3 tracks (Power In Numbers was a big step down from Quality Control and the J5 EP), but the fact that Cut Chemist (a HUGE part of my love for J5) is no longer w/ them or on this record is really depressing, especially for their upcoming tour :(

ugh, i don't like this chick vocals on Brown Girl either, reeks of Black Eyed Peas... :yucky

otherwise it's an ok track

edit: i'd be lying if i said wasn't a bit dissapointed with this through track 9 :ohwell. not that it's bad mind you... was just hoping for something better i guess.

blah, check it out Matt, that's not the best description

i couldn't quite peg them either...

yeah matt check it out. i listened to again and that really doenst do them justice at all.

yeah matt check it out. i listened to again and that really doenst do them justice at all.

and anyone who wants just a couple tracks to check out/focus on, 4 & 5, imo

I really like it... there's something about it that just haunts me.

Can I suggest that this might, surprisingly, be my favourite record of the year so far????

B000FPYNR6.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65902366_.jpg

It's certainly a duel between this and Muse...

:dontgetit

i at least like the Thom record tho... :lol

as for Beirut, i certainly understand what people hear in it, i just happen to think that DeVotchka do that style of music a lot better personally, and i'm not even the biggest fan of them either.

dude is insanely talented for 19 tho, will be someone to watch

I was saying that the Thom Yorke one could be my fav of the year so far :lol - should have put it after the picture... It's really grown on me a lot...

Now Playing: My iTunes library on random, Ben Folds > Aphex Twin was an interesting switch :D

no i know, Thom & Muse, i was saying i at least like the Thom record some (haven't counted but i'm sure it'd be around 20+ tho)

Muse, just really haven't liked a full record since Symmetry myself

i realized i only like 2-3 songs on that Beirut record, mostly the non european folk stuff w/ horns, etc.

Postcards From Italy is a truly great song tho

What about Gogol Bordello? I have not heard their stuff, but have read some interviews and they seem to put on a great show? I had said how the Beirut record did not sound authentic to me. Gogol Bordello may be nearer the mark?

i don't like Gogol's music too too much, but i too have heard from lots of personal friends (and seen photos/videos) of how insane their live shows are. i'd def like to check them out sometime live.

no i know, Thom & Muse, i was saying i at least like the Thom record some (haven't counted but i'm sure it'd be around 20+ tho)

Muse, just really haven't liked a full record since Symmetry myself

Ahhhh! :lol

That new Muse record is well worth a listen though if you haven't done so... great, great stuff.

i'll def take a listen, i've only heard the single and one other song, was waiting for a good rip to surface.

i dug a few songs from Absolution, but the guitar tones were just kinda borderline nu-metal-ish for me i guess, kinda like the last Ash record :yucky