• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which group was the first to play in a major city on the rooftop of a tall building during a busy workday, only to have have their efforts quickly thwarted by the police? Also name that month and year this took place.

beatles.... 30 jan 69

Jefferson Airplane, December 7, 1968.

It's YouTubed here. I was amazed first time I saw it (on the Fly Jefferson Airplane documentary - awesome viewing!) how much The Beatles aped Jean Luc-Goddard's film on Let It Be. It's almost a carbon copy.

hint - also had an early to mid career black-haired-goofball sidekick.

That makes me think the answer is Cher (Sonny being the goofball sidekick), but that can't be right?

Also: my answer: Port Sunlight Horticultural Society - their annual dance saw the first performance of the Fab 4 with Ringo having replaced Pete Best. 18th August 1962.

http://magicalbeatletours.com/tour_wirral.htm#hulme

-None other than mr 'Taking Care of Business and working overtime' Randy Bachman. Supposedly the Faith Video was filmed in BC, the director's knew of Bachman's massive collection of fantastic guitars and asked if they could borrow one or two.

Burton Cummings was the goofball.

No love for The Guess Who :hmm

"Jim Morrison is a drunken buffoon posing as a poet. Give me the Guess Who. They have the courage to BE drunken buffoons, which MAKES them poetic." - "Lester Bangs" in Almost Famous.

Brian Eno wrote the little jingle when you turn on windows...

I wonder if he gets royalties everytime someone turns on their pc? :omg