Tom Waits tour of the USA and Canada

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who might be interested, Tom Waits tickets for the Atlanta show went on sale Saturday and are still available for $60 (gen. admission floor) or $65 (reserved balcony seats).

got balcony seats for Akron this morning. I had great orchestra seats on my first try and ended up losing them because tickbastard kept logging me out when I got to the submit order page.. I HATE that website.

tickets sold out in 20 minutes.....I hope everyone who wants to go got in.

I'm psyched. this will be my first time seeing Tom, and he's at the top of my "people to see before they die" list. God knows when he's going to tour again......

got balcony seats for Akron this morning. I had great orchestra seats on my first try and ended up losing them because tickbastard kept logging me out when I got to the submit order page.. I HATE that website.

I'm psyched. this will be my first time seeing Tom, and he's at the top of my "people to see before they die" list. God knows when he's going to tour again......

More TM problems here as well. TM obviously screwed up this Tom Waits onsale. I was trying with a few of other people to score for the Detroit Opera House show, but Ticketmaster had screwed up the purchase part. My buddy crosseyedstranger :cheekkiss here at VC lost 10th row or something excellent like that to time-out because of that TM snafu. I managed to get around the bug (I had to say I lived in USA outlying islands or some such nonsense) without losing my 4th row center balcony seats, which should be pretty nice.

Tickets went extremely fast, but we figured as much.

I've never eaten pizza in Chicago, but we have a place in Atlanta that claims to have real Chicago pizza. The pizza in their ad looks like someone threw up their all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner onto a deep dish crust.

Where is this in Atlanta? I'm in desperate need of some deep dish pizza. Everything here is New York style.

You got more money than sense then! I'm a teacher for christ sakes and can't afford that shit. After the ticket raper charge, you're talking $90 easily. Tom Waits hates poor people.

I freaked when I had to pay $16 to see the Old Crow Medicine Show last night.

Where is this in Atlanta? I'm in desperate need of some deep dish pizza. Everything here is New York style.

Nancy's Pizza on Ponce De Leon between Krispy Kreme (another retchid culinary abomination) and Old Spagetti Factory. There might be one in Buckhead, too.

You got more money than sense then! I'm a teacher for christ sakes and can't afford that shit. After the ticket raper charge, you're talking $90 easily. Tom Waits hates poor people.

I freaked when I had to pay $16 to see the Old Crow Medicine Show last night.

hah.

trust me, i bitch about ticket prices more than anyone i know (just ask my friends), but for someone who tours very little avery 4-5 years anymore, and a once in a lifetime shot to see him, i'd def pay it easily, and before this year i'd never paid over $56 for a show (after fees). i've relaxed my stance a bit...

like i paid $100 a piece for four 9th row tickets to CSNY tomorrow. granted the face value on the seats after fees is $205... :rock

I can't believe he's not doing any Northern California shows, considering he lives here and all. Congrats to all those who got tickets though, you're in for a great show. I was lucky enough to catch him in '99 and it was THE best show I've ever been to.

John W - there was no opening act when I saw him. Don't know about now though.

had the same problem for detroit. had great 11th row seats and the order screwed up. ended up with sixth row balcony, but at least i get to go to the show. :cheers :dancing

Goddamn, I camped out the website at 9am, and all I get is this:

There were no tickets available that matched your request

There are several things you can try:

Change the quantity of tickets you are requesting.

If you selected a specific seat section, try switching to "Best Available".

If you are unable to find tickets, be sure to check back often. As the date of the event nears, often times a limited number of tickets may be released.

If you entered a promotional code, check that the code is valid for the ticket price and criteria you selected.

Holy shit, someone told me that the tickets for asheville were $77 and $56. Mother-fucker is that expensive! I'm gonna have to skip this one sadly.

Yes, sadly my wife and I skipped as well. Throw in the charges, sitter, dinner, and drinks and it's a $200 night out. I'm consoling myself with Wilco tix to E. Lansing. My in-laws live 20 min. away so at least the sitter is free. :D

I'm sure everyone who bought tix will have the time of their life. I don't think I've ever met a half-hearted Tom Waits fan.