• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for starters Caroline No, one of my favorite songs was recorded mere hours before my birth.

I own the following:

Original pressing on vinly

Cassette from the 1980's

Cd with Dr. Landy's name on the back

Cd boxset

Soon - I will buy yet another version.

Looking for:

8 track/reel to reel versions

"Genius" is a term that I suspect is grossly overused, especially when it comes to musicians. But after purchasing and listening to The Pet Sounds Sessions box set, I was convinced that Brian Wilson is deserving of that label. Hearing Wilson conduct the band during the tracking sessions is a glimpse into the mind of a genius and visionary.

Yes, Bolivar...Genious is a term I would use to describe the writing of this album. I heard Brian Wilson would stay in some upstairs room in (his) house and come down and have other members of the Beach Boys record parts with him. I believe it was also during these sessions the he said he would take acid to speak with God, or something along those lines. Not sure if those details are correct, but either way it is a fantastic piece of music.

Overrated.
Someone is in a bad mood.

Pet sounds gets kudos here about every 6 months and rightly so. My snide comment reflects the fact that we do talk about it here regularly.

LouieB

"Pants"

Talk about them.

I am sure this has been discussed around here before but "slacks" have it all over "trousers"

P.S. I like the four-peice Leroy Bach Post YHF/pre AGIB Spiders Least of all, If I had an I-pod I would smash it aginst the wall

hugs and kisses :realmad

I am sure this has been discussed around here before but "slacks" have it all over "trousers"

P.S. I like the four-peice Leroy Bach Post YHF/pre AGIB Spiders Least of all, If I had an I-pod I would smash it aginst the wall

hugs and kisses.

Solid gold my friend, solid gold.
"Pants"

Talk about them.

On the ladies,cut-off & quite short..

On the dudes,pull those damn things up & quit showin' yer boxers...stop it!!

Never liked the Beach Boys,either

Overrated.

Relative to . . . what? "Overrated" is your opinion of other people's opinion of the album. Do you have an opinion besides "It's not as good as people say." What elements do you dislike? Just saying "Overrated" is a lazy way of jumping into a discussion without making any intellectual effort.

In my opinion, anyway.

Relative to . . . what? "Overrated" is your opinion of other people's opinion of the album. Do you have an opinion besides "It's not as good as people say." What elements do you dislike? Just saying "Overrated" is a lazy way of jumping into a discussion without making any intellectual effort.

In my opinion, anyway.

Hours later I realized the guy was putting us on.....no harm done.

LouieB

In my opinion, anyway.

Are you saying that saying "overrated" is overrated?

I'm just trying to keep up.

In my opinion, anyway.

I'm using the word "rate" as in the phrase "tax rate".... I just think the album costs too much.

Musically, its very good.

this is an album I know I'm supposed to fawn over (to be the hip music fan I of course aspire to be :ermm ), and I've given it many tries, and I just have never been blown away.

Those of you who proclaim it's greatness, help me out--let me know what moments just get your girdles (or slacks, or trousers) all bunched up.

Wouldn't it be nice....

LouieB

yeah, but... I don't know. Greatest album ever (as one poster stated earlier)?? That track is pleasant, but even "don't worry baby" kicks it's ass in my humble opinion (that being the only beach boys song that's ever just hooked me immediately--amazing soundscape in that song, perfect hooky melodies and guitar strums/plucks).