put your razor where your Bush is!

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best movies I saw last year. Totally hilarious in an unintentional way - those guys are such douchebags.

I like how James Hetfield has to miss his kid's first birthday or whatever it was to hunt bears and drink vodka in Siberia. And don't even get me started on Lars and his art.

Well, at least he got cleaned up. I was hoping he would mash Lars in the face - I think the old James would have - I have read that Rick Rubin is going to produce their next album.

- those guys are such douchebags.

...don't even get me started on Lars

Were they totally douchebags back in the mid eighties, I just thought they were the dorky metal kids who found a cool sound.

I thought they just got to be douchebags when they got big and got inflated ego's.

Lars needs a big glass of shut up juice.

so that you can make enough money to get you through the next semester at school?

yeah...something like that.

hopefully i won't spend as much this year as i did last year...oy...

glad to hear your party was a success mrs. caliber!....how's married life?

I could have and may very well have seen them in some bars back in the day. I don't really recall those times though. I still have a drawer full of Metallica t-shirts.

Were they totally douchebags back in the mid eighties, I just thought they were the dorky metal kids who found a cool sound.

I thought they just got to be douchebags when they got big and got inflated ego's.

I think you're probably right. I can't imagine James Hetfield circa 1984 being such a douche. I can picture Lars circa 1984 as being a douchebag though...

There are so many great moments in that documentary though. All of them sitting around the studio, wasting thousands of dollars, trying to collaborate on lyrics. And all that work coming up with "My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle". Brilliant.

I don't know...I know they recorded some stuff in an abandoned building at the Presidio. Which, by the way, was an excellent film too. Sean Connery's "one thumb" bit was awesome...I use that on my kid when we fight. I don't crush his windpipe though.

I'm just glad they are done with Bob Rock - I detest his sound as much as I detest the work of Kevin Shirely. I stopped listening to these guys after Justice For All.

Not to change subjects, but I can't watch Supergroup and see Sebastion without thinking about that story of him meeting Peel (I think it was her story).

I know! Me too! One of my all time favorite stories. Graham, how about finding it in the archives for us? You are good at that.......

She has it - just axe her to post it.

"My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle". Brilliant.

"Chop your breakfast on a mirrior" how can you go from that to the crap they write now.

I stopped listening to these guys after Justice For All.

Shark jumping album.

"Chop your breakfast on a mirrior" how can you go from that to the crap the write now.

Shark jumping album.

There are some great drums on that album - but no bass! I wonder who mixed it. ha ha

That guy from Biohazard reminds me of why I stopped going to hardcore matinee shows when I lived in Boston. Big, dumb NYHC mook.

I don't own anything by any of those bands - except a couple of Anthrax tapes. I missed out on that whole hardcore-metal thing. I like one Ted Nugent song though - Great White Buffalo.

I recall moderatly enjoying the first two Kingdom Come albums and have never admitted that to anybody until now. It may have something to do w/ getting some from the cute girl who worked the register after our shift at Wendy's, while the sweet sounds of 'What Love Could Be' played on the car stereo.

In other news, we had our fist overnight trip w/ the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's...Owen slept for maybe 10 minutes. :blink

Scott Ian and that Bonham dude are the only two people on that show that I like, The Nuge' is way to arrogant when compared to his actual accomplishments.