Name one thing you now know...

That Ryan Zimmerman of the Nats is a legitimate contender for NL rookie of the year.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many readers surely know, on December 31, 1999, Phish ushered in the new Millennium with a 7 hours and 45 minute set in the Big Cypress. Since then, the Vermont quartet has held the record for longest continuous concert by a jamband. Over Independence Day weekend, however, Virginia's ZEN broke Phish's record, performing for 20 straight hours at Snowshoe Mountain, WV's The "All Together" Jam Marathon. All proceeds from the group's marathon event benefited New Orleans' Musicians who lost their instruments in Hurricane Katrina. ZEN performs next at Albany, NY's JAHFest.

:stunned

As many readers surely know, on December 31, 1999, Phish ushered in the new Millennium with a 7 hours and 45 minute set in the Big Cypress. Since then, the Vermont quartet has held the record for longest continuous concert by a jamband. Over Independence Day weekend, however, Virginia's ZEN broke Phish's record, performing for 20 straight hours at Snowshoe Mountain, WV's The "All Together" Jam Marathon. All proceeds from the group's marathon event benefited New Orleans' Musicians who lost their instruments in Hurricane Katrina. ZEN performs next at Albany, NY's JAHFest.

:stunned

Wow...that's too effin' cool...I can't even stay awake for 20 hrs. anymore :yawn

after having completed his literary career at 19.

LouieB

Exactly. It's amazing he's considered a brilliant writer (he was pretty damn good, too) and he was done with his career by 20 years old. I believe he became a gun runner to Africa after this. He was pretty messed up with booze and drugs, too. Had a leg amputated, as well.

I live in WV, Miss Via Troy lives near Albany.

No, I mean who gives a shit about a "longest jam-band show" record? That's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Oh

Sorry my post bothered you.

I lost sleep over it, woke up in a rotten mood, cut someone off on the highway, and robbed a liquor store.

You really need to try harder not to offend me. America is depending on you.

"In 1701, the British Admirality found Captain William Kidd guilty of murder and piracy. As was the custom at executions, spectators offered Kidd rum until he was blind drunk. Kidd was hanged, but his weight snapped the rope. He was promptly sent up to the gallows again and hanged a second time. After he expired, his body was dipped in tar, then placed in a steel cage and suspended over the Thames, where it remained for several years."(as a warning to would-be pirates)

this I did not know

Exactly. It's amazing he's considered a brilliant writer (he was pretty damn good, too) and he was done with his career by 20 years old. I believe he became a gun runner to Africa after this. He was pretty messed up with booze and drugs, too. Had a leg amputated, as well.

Yea, crazy huh? There are about three or four translations of his complete works. He sure got a bunch of living in in a short amount of time.

LouieB

waynes_world_fake_picture_2.jpg

NOT!!!!

Did you actually take the time to photoshop your face onto Garth for this post?