JT's newfound health

Guest Speed Racer
My philosophy is it is better to feel shitty than feel nothing at all.

Spoken by someone who has never experienced true profound anxiety or depression. Way to go, chap! :thumbup

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Neil Young biography he says he thinks the crash of classic rock at the end of the seventies was fueled by cocaine. He said cocaine was responsible for his lousiest performances and that the main reason the Band's Last Waltz isn't quite what it should have been was cocaine. Granted, its not Heroin or OxyCotton but theres one drug a musician says sucked.

I couldn't agree more...that stuff is no good for RXR or anything else,except perhaps a 15 hour drive.In my experience,the devil's dandruff makes people chatty w/o being actually friendly.Not to mention the ability to make one a compulsive liar.

In regards to the anxiety & depression meds,I haven't used them so I don't know.But the person who called them 'scary' is not too far off if they meant this:we have 10,000 years of exposure to things like alcohol & pot...we know what it does,we know what it can do...the possible damage,long term effects,etc.With the newer drugs the scary part,to me is what's gonna be the body's reaction to years of these meds? We'll know 20+ years down the line but for some it may be too late by then.

I do not mean to offend,just my .02

Scott

I have battled with health issues and anxiety for many, many years. I know that wonderful feeling of getting well after years of those problems. However, that first fall back into anxiety or whatever is hell. Just when you think you have it under control, it creeps back. Other falls back are bad too, but that first feels like total defeat. I hope that is not Jeff's case; I hope he is over the panic, anxiety, etc. and is able to move forward permanently. That has not been my case. I go back and forth against my will and best efforts, and some days it's a struggle to find that elusive magic key to feeling good again.

I have a book that talks about how progress in life (faith, overcoming addiction, health, etc., etc.) is not like a ladder where you progress up into better things and never fall backwards. Rather, it's like growth rings of a tree. Good years show thick growth rings; sparse, drought years are reflected by thin rings. That can be the same for anxiety, health issues, etc., I think.