I have only had a passing aquaintance with Tim up until Friday night, when TG and I were asked to help John Boston do a video for Glo No of his performance at an early show at Schubas. (It is kind of a warm-up for our taping later this month at the Blacks reunion show at the Empty Bottle.) I liked his Special 20 album well enough, but seeing him do a solo show was really quite a revelation. While I don't plan to rush out and buy his entire catalogue, I do think he is a very talented guy, who put on a great show, writes super good songs and covered Summertime like a pro. He graciously also sat for an interview with John after the show was over and we taped this too.

Hopefully the footage came out well and Glo No can market it and people can see it. Nice guy and good musician. Also he comes from Ohio, another point in his favor.

LouieB

Like most people I'm sure, I got into Tim Easton from the album he made with Wilco. That one was very "produced", but still very good. The one after that however, "Break Your Mother's Heart", I don't like very much. Some of the songs on it are good but I find Jai Winding's organ annoying... am I alone on this one? His new one "Ammunition" is his very best... I love it even more after seeing him at Schuba's.

I think over the last few years, Tim's gotten plenty of love from people on this site.
Agreed...people here turned me on to him in the first place.

I love it even more after seeing him at Schuba's.
Cool..someone here was there.

LouieB

I was going to pick up his new one at the show, but kind of got involved in other stuff. It appears to be pretty political, from the songs he sang from it at the show.

LouieB

i really like his new album, too. i saw him play at acl festival a few years ago and then the next night, i saw him in the crowd at a lucinda williams show in new orleans. went over in the break before the first encore to tell him i enjoyed his acl set, and ended up chatting with him and his girlfriend on and off through the rest of the show. they were both incredibly nice.

i've only ever heard break your mother's heart. i bought that disc used and was very disappointed. it was quite B-list material. i'll give him another chance though because i don't think you guys would be that excited over someone i dismissed on the merit of that one record.

I think it is okay to like someone in person and not think their CDs are must haves. I like Special 20 well enough, but seeing him in person was far more revealing.

LouieB

isn't lucinda williams on his new one?

He mentioned Lou having a small part in the record when i saw him open for her 3/24/06 at the historic Lakewood in Dallas or it may have been 3/3 in Kansas City i can't remember which.

I got a nice recording of the Dallas gig i can share if anyone wants to start a weed or BT it.

Send me a pm and let me know if you can help spread it around.

I don't have a lot of time but would happy to send out one copy. This is a un-circulated recording that after reading this thread might be appreciated here.

dave