The US vs. John Lennon

I don't know, but I have always remembered this quote from Mr. Young about writing Ohio: "It's still hard to believe I had to write this song. It's ironic that I capitalized on the death of these American students. Probably the most important lesson ever learned at an American place of learning. David Crosby cried after this take."

The shootings at Kent State informed everything about my politics and trust in government and authority.

Doesn't matter how many times I see those images, I still cry.

Say what you want about Lennon, but for a hothead, he shot his mouth off in the right direction, and used his celebrity and big mouth for the good.

I love him more than any.

the trailers before the al gore film was pretty much all preaching to the choir. if i were on the fence politically, i'd have probably just left before the movie started based on the trailers.

one that looked interesting was something like "who killed the electric car?". that could be cool.

I want to see this, but I'm not too comfortable with the way the trailer casts (uses) Lennon as a savior against Bush, especially by "the studio that brought you Fahrenheit 911." :hmm

Hey, it'd be nicer if he was here in person (Lennon), but we'll take him against Bush any day, ghost or not.

Who else is capable?

Hey, it'd be nicer if he was here in person (Lennon), but we'll take him against Bush any day, ghost or not.

Who else is capable?

You,me, anyone on VC,hell just damn near ANYONE period...

Scott

You,me, anyone on VC,hell just damn near ANYONE period...

Scott

Not so, or we'd complaining about how boring life is under President Gore!

Not so, or we'd complaining about how boring life is under President Gore!

well,ya got me there :yes