interview with Glenn

I think just because of the collaboration and good communication we've heard about, this album is going to be kick-ass no matter what. judging by the tours, there's a sense of egolessness. glenn has always been about serving the song instead of flourishes, pat and mike will stick to the board parts if need be, and there seems to be no wankery-solo-hogging between nels and jeff. it's like the early '70s heyday of floyd, where pretty much all four members contributed equally, no one above the over. maybe i'm exaggerating a little, but you get the point.

Why is that sad?

Froggie is Australian and has Wilco withdrawal syndrone. He often makes a plea for a tour down under, but has been banging his head against a brick wall for some time. Luckily he has his Ned Kelly helmet on, so there's no harm done.

Come to think of it, that news might just make all the difference - Glenn might like the idea of bashing Froggie's helmet ( :blush ). Some strange percussive noises possible from that experiment I'll wager!

Froggie is Australian and has Wilco withdrawal syndrone.

Glenn acknowledging that they haven't been to Australia (among other places) in a long time would seem to suggest that playing there on their next multi-year touring cycle will be a priority...a cause to celebrate, not be sad.