oh to live in new jersey

Ro - I, flattered by the offer and if I was anywhere nearer your age and single - maybe. But alas that is not the case.

My brother lived for year in Manhattan. I certainly over used his guest futon to visit the city. Do you get the same kind of thing and have constant weekend visitors?

Hell fuck yes. Thank you for that. Reigning Sound and the Detroit Cobras at the Mercury Lounge last year was one of the 4-5 top shows of 2005 for me.

edit: of course I'll be in Chicago that weekend. :frusty

Ro - I, flattered by the offer and if I was anywhere nearer your age and single - maybe. But alas that is not the case.

My brother lived for year in Manhattan. I certainly over used his guest futon to visit the city. Do you get the same kind of thing and have constant weekend visitors?

And yeah, the "Hey, we'll be in town next week, can we crash on your couch?" call is a frequent one. It's all good tho.

:cheers

Oh, and might as well post this here..

I ran to see the Weakerthans at Webster Hall following Okkervil River last night. They were simply incredible. So very g'd good. I just about passed out at the end when John closed the show with a solo version of "Gifts" from the second Propagandhi record, followed by a full-band cover of the Mats' "Swinging Party," introduced "with apologies to Paul Westerberg."

:wub

Edited by Deaf Ro

Sounds like I got an early tour show - all reserved and uptight, while you got a later tour 'covers and really old shit' show. Dang.

They need to get those new songs on CD and into my hot little hands.

FYI - Trying to book Andre Ethier for something in late August. Hope it works out.