• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who talk in public restrooms, standing at urinal or in the stall, while on the cell phone...just seems so wrong.

People who have a "W" bumpersticker on their car (though I do love the "F.W.")

People who don't use their freakin turn signals while driving.

People who don't like Wilco.

:yucky

Bicycle riders who (rightly so, but still...) expect me in my car to share the road with them but do not want to obey traffic light/stop sign laws like a car is expected to.

This is a big one for me too. I am very respectful of cyclists on the road, but when one rides right through a stop sign I feel like running him down.

Any peeves I have revolve around the failure of my children to adhere to my

relatively lax housekeeping standards.

Other than that, I'm blessedly peeveless.

This is a big one for me too. I am very respectful of cyclists on the road, but when one rides right through a stop sign I feel like running him down.

death_race_2000.jpg

Guest baseball bobblehead

1.people who don't spay or neuter their pets and then wonder why the male cat is marking all over the house.

2. same as above except slot in "and don't understand why their dog is so aggressive"

3. municipal offices that close at 4:30 but lock the door at 4 so they don't have to serve anyone before they close.

People who talk in public restrooms, standing at urinal or in the stall, while on the cell phone...just seems so wrong.

What about at home?

I pee and talk on the phone at the same time kind of alot. Would this bother you?

Do you have a public restroom in your house?

Well, anyone that visits is welcome to use it. So in that sense it is. But the general public, no. I wouldn't say so, no.

Usually I will be helpful with the person I am talking to, and announce that I am peeing. That might help to ameliorate any peevishness.

that reminds me. I need to see a picture of fakeliz holding today's paper.

Ha! Fat chance.

I just dropped the lotion down in the basket.

Usually I will be helpful with the person I am talking to, and announce that I am peeing. That might help to ameliorate any peevishness.

One of my oldest friends used to do that to me all the time. Didn't bother me. And since we're on the subject of bathrooms, our friends the Balks in Germany had a urinal in the bathroom at their house! A urinal! I bet you don't believe that, because I didn't! But they do! Ha!

I think everybody is pretty well aware of some of my pet peeves, which show up around here hundreds of times every [sPACE] day. Other than that, I'm pretty low maintenance.

My pet peeve is leaving the soaker hose on all night for the third time this summer, and my neighbor knocking on my door at 6:30 this morning to see if I was having water pressure problems because water was running down his driveway from my yard. :hmm

Guest baseball bobblehead

i'd much rather have someone talk to me on the phone while peeing than talk while eating. That is just yucky to hear THAT in your ear.

I think everybody is pretty well aware of some of my pet peeves, which show up around here hundreds of times every [sPACE] day. Other than that, I'm pretty low maintenance.

Definitely count me in on that one. Getting peeved about that is an everyday occurrence for me.

"Git R Done," or whatever the preferred spelling is.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for a really huge peeve of mine, which is the widespread glorification of human stupidity, and in particular, male stupidity. The Stupid Guy seems to be the dominant figure in advertising right now, and that has trickled into the rest of pop culture as well.

Our culture is doing everything it can to lower the bar, and I'm not sure there's any stopping it.

Guest Jules
People who see the signs to get over to the left for construction, but stay in the right lane so they can pass all the suckers who followed the rules.

damn that might be mine too......or people who stay in the exit only lane that is flying by to then cut in front of barely moving traffic right before the ramp.

I have so many driving pet peeves - which is why I try to drive as little as possible.

People who try to block me from getting back in the traffic after I have done both of these things. Suckers.

More I think about it...Pet Peeve: Pet Peeve threads.

Don't you have some birthday cake to get smashed in your face eat?

Hitler really bothers me.

Now you just crossed the line.