i don't like those new hummer ads where the vegetarian so so threatened by the meat eater behind him in line at the grocery that the only way to reclaim his manhood is to buy a hummer. The other one is when the mommy and her brat son are knocked out of line on the slide by a nastier mommy and a brattier son so she "gets her girl on" and grabs the kid, throws him in the mini van and drives to the nearest hummer dealership, blows the sales guy and then buys a hummer.

I saw that Mom-Kid ad yesterday. Amazing. What's the message? Life gotcha down? Can't deal? well shit, buy a Hummer. Then every little ting gonna be allright Mon!

My pet peeve is these yuppie couples, with the perfect house, the perfect kids, the perfect jobs, the perfect bank account, fucking Stepford Wife shit there. Show a little reality. Behind that perfect facade you know Mom has a bit of a coke or booze problem, Dad is humping his secretary, and little junior is gonna be in dire need of about $50K worth of therapy. It's all a bunch of shite I tell ya! :angry

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jules
I saw that Mom-Kid ad yesterday. Amazing. What's the message? Life gotcha down? Can't deal? well shit, buy a Hummer. Then every little ting gonna be allright Mon!

My pet peeve is these yuppie couples, with the perfect house, the perfect kids, the perfect jobs, the perfect bank account, fucking Stepford Wife shit there. Show a little reality. Behind that perfect facade you know Mom has a bit of a coke or booze problem, Dad is humping his secretary, and little junior is gonna be in dire need of about $50K worth of therapy. It's all a bunch of shite I tell ya! :angry

Who needs the therapy?

Also, what would you consider "showing a little reality"?

One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing professionally printed signs with spelling or punctuation errors. Can we give all signmakers a lesson on when to use " 's " and when to only use " s "? You do not pluralize nouns with an apostrophe S !!!

One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing professionally printed signs with spelling or punctuation errors. Can we give all signmakers a lesson on when to use " 's " and when to only use " s "? You do not pluralize nouns with an apostrophe S !!!

WORD!

Actually, those usually just make me laff.

3 year old kids out in public with a pacifier

the same 3 / 4 / 5-year-old kids in strollers

parents who bring loud kids / babies to R-rated movies

parents who use the "ignore" technique of parenting when their kid is screeching on an airplane

parents who loudly instruct their kids in bathroom stalls how to urinate and hold their "peanut" and / or ask if they need help being wiped

parents who take little league games way too seriously

parents who thought Baby on Board signs gave them full permission to drive like lunatics

parents who should be legally barred from parenting

Frequently seen sign in my 'hood:

"Condo's for sale"

:realmad

On principle, I would not buy one from them, even if I were looking.

Who needs the therapy?

Also, what would you consider "showing a little reality"?

Well, as far as that ad goes, how many people are gonna get dissed at a park, go down to the local Hummer dealer and blow 40K just like that. I mean, I get the ad and all, and they are selling the idea that having a Hummer just makes everything better...It's kind of silly

In general though with the yuppie thing...get real I have a ton of friends like that, you know the American Dream thing and all, and pretty much every one of them is dealing with some kind of serious fuck up in their life. I congratulate anyone that remains mostly sane these days. And no I'm certainly not passing judgement, I'm as fucked up as they come...just blowing off steam saying that's my pet peeve.

Frequently seen sign in my 'hood:

"Condo's for sale"

:realmad

On principle, I would not buy one from them, even if I were looking.

In that case isn't the apostrophe correct, to stand in for letters omitted from 'condominium'? :unsure

Remember, too, if it's one-way to one-way, left turn on red is not only allowed, but required.

In Michigan, you can turn left on red from a two-way street as long as you're turning onto a one-way street.

I wouldn't put an apostrophe in "condos." And the next time I go into a grocery store and see a sign advertising "naval" oranges, somebody's going to get a very sharply delivered spelling lesson.

In that case isn't the apostrophe correct, to stand in for letters omitted from 'condominium'? :unsure

The correct abbreviation of "condominiums" is actually "condom's"...

While one could make that argument, there's no way in hell that that's what the sign company/copy editor intended. :lol

:lol Agreed.

The correct abbreviation of "condominiums" is actually "condom's"...

Ah, okay. You really do learn something new every day. :P

I believe it would be correct only if there was one condo for sale: "Condo is (Condo's) for sale."

Anyway, another pet peeve: People with the hyphenated last name when they get married. What happens when the offspring get married and do the same thing? And then their kids do it, too? See where I'm going with this?

Keep your given last name or take the dude's name, but stop created tongue-twisters for the rest of us because you can't decide or you want to retain some sense of self by clinging to your last name or whatever. If nothing else, think about the damn kids.

Well, hopefully that only offended a handful of people.

You don't have kids, do you?

If I did and they could walk I would destroy every stroller I owned and tell the kid that daddy and mommy couldn't afford a stroller any more.

If I did and they could walk I would destroy every stroller I owned and tell the kid that daddy and mommy couldn't afford a stroller any more.

Would you let them ride in novelty strollers, like the shark ones at Sea World, even if they could walk?

Guest baseball bobblehead

there's a restaurant in the neighborhood where, on sundays especially, lots of young hip urban families would go to, and their offspring would make such incredible messes with their one blueberry pancake or tofu scramble, and after they would leave the waitstaff would take out the broom and mop and there would be a ring of dismantled breakfast around the baby seat. Anyway, one day, after a particularly messy child had departed, the owner took the wooden baby seat out to the sidewalk and smashed it all to pieces and then came in and said "from now on, kids leave their mess on parents laps" and never again was there a baby seat in that dining room. Everyone cheered.

Would you let them ride in novelty strollers, like the shark ones at Sea World, even if they could walk?

No, fuck that. In fact, if they're old enough to walk, they should be pushing ME in a wheelchair when I get too tired to stand in line at Sea World or other such amusements.