new son volt cd in spring of '07

hello to all. i am thinking there should be some son volt fans about (probably haters as well) just want to let everyone know son volt will be releasing a new recording in the spring of '07. also jay farrar and anders parker have a collaboration coming out in september called gob iron. some good music for all. :rock

hey groo! the other titles i have heard are indesicion, circadian rhythm, and dogs of triumph. i haven't heard any of them yet (not counting methamphetamine). good to catch up w/ you on another board. :ninja

I know I'm excited. The new Son Volt songs I've heard are incredible.
Me too--Okemah reignited my interest in SV, and I'm excited to see what happens next.

At first, I was totally negative on Okemah, but repeated listens several months later ignited some interest. While I still think Ipecac is awful and some of the other songs are sub-par lyrically, I'm much MUCH happier with the album now than I was. I also will be looking forward to this new one.

At first, I was totally negative on Okemah, but repeated listens several months later ignited some interest. While I still think Ipecac is awful and some of the other songs are sub-par lyrically, I'm much MUCH happier with the album now than I was. I also will be looking forward to this new one.

I just listened to this again last week. I seriously consider it Jay's best disc by a mile. There is not a bad song on it and the band just smokes. I love this disc! My most played of '05 by far. A criminally underrated album.