Via Chicago

Let's Fight

War on War

Jesus, Etc.

Heavy Metal Drummer

Walken

ITMWLY

Hummingbird

Wonderful, amazing, energetic show. It definitely felt like Wilco was at home and comfortable. Lots of smiles from Jeff, lots of love from the massive audience. Definitely worth sprinting in the morning and standing all day to be right up front.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was definitely joking on the 1/3 happy to be here comment. Every single band that played the most amazing concert venue anywhere commented on how excited they were to be here. And how amazing the setting was. Well in typical Jeff sarcasm, he said that 1/3 of the band was happy to be here.

I saw the web cast from the comfort of my family room.

Isn't technology wonderful?

I think that Jeff's remarks about 1/3 of the band being thankful to be back in Chicago were meaningful.

Does anyone know what that was about?

He dedicated the last two songs to his wife Suzie, the usual one & Walken

He also mentioned that it was their 11th anniversary, & how thankful he was that she has put up with him

over the years. The camera on the web cat cut away to Suzie & the look on her face was like, well,

yes you really should be thankful!

It was a great set. Let's fight is another good song.

I saw the web cast from the comfort of my family room.

Isn't technology wonderful?

I think that Jeff's remarks about 1/3 of the band being thankful to be back in Chicago were meaningful.

is only 1/3 of the band actually from chicago? that could be what he was going at.

All he meant was that the 4 members who live in Chicago were glad to be home, while the other 2 members (1/3 of the band) were happy to be in the city.

Jeff just seem's to get happier as the years go by.What Light live was quite amazing,no jam in Inposible Germany,I guess that's the short version.And last but not least..........................No Spiders.......YeeHaw

Guest Jules
Jeff just seem's to get happier as the years go by.What Light live was quite amazing,no jam in Inposible Germany,I guess that's the short version.And last but not least..........................No Spiders.......YeeHaw

I thought the jam was there, no?

WHOO!

Lollapalooza was absolutely amazing.

The Wilco set was phenomenal. I thought I had this ingenious plan by trying to get as close as I could for Wilco by getting to The Shins early (who F*ing rocked too), then after they were done playing just get up as close as I could... I was not the only person with that idea. 3/4s of the people after The Shins were going towards the stage instead of leaving to go check out some other band. I am from the burbs and have seen Wilco about 7 times, but this was my first in Chicago and now I know why its so damn hard to get tickets in Chicago. Jeff played via chicago right at sunset, and to look out and see the sun setting over the skyscrapers was just breathtaking (take a look at my flickr site, I tried to capture the moment).

I LOVE CHICAGO!

to Ryan and James, I am soo glad for VC...without it, I wouldn't have met some great people to get a lil nutty with. I don't even want to know how many shitty bud lights we consumed throughout friday and saturday... all I know is I am piss broke now... I dont know how 5 dollar bud lights sounded sooo appealing.... Sorry we couldn't meet up for Wilco, seeing that I somehow left my cell at my friends house in the north side, it was pretty difficult to get a hold of anyone. Not to mention, it was a free-for-all to get as good of seats as I did (which was worth every minute sitting there sweaty as hell with my legs cramping up).

all in all, I have now added to my credit card debt, I am running on like 8 hours of sleep from the past 2 nights... and it was worth it all.

:cheers

check out my pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76929991@N00/...57594227752312/

Uh I'm pretty sure the jam was at the end.

From the recordings in Canada,it seemed alot shorter,but then again i was :beer

And yes the band was in great atire............the green theme was yummy.On the video screen they kept flshing from Jeff to Nels,I thought I was going to have a sezure :stunned