LOLLAPALOOZA!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jules
2. But, even saying all of that - I can understand why people wanted to be up front. Fans in the back - if they can be called fans, sucked. Talking the entire time just killed the atmosphere. But that is what I should expect.

Oy vey.

all I have to say is I have a new idol in life, and his name is Beatle Bob

Beatle Bob and I have the same taste in music. Almost every band I went to see, he was dancing behind them. Can he be in more than one place at once?

all I have to say is I have a new idol in life, and his name is Beatle Bob

Oh Grant my friend,Beatle Bob is no idol :blink he's not the legend he apears to be,as hear say goes,my g-f Amy lived in the loop in STL for a few years,where Bob spends most of his time,and has seen more of the darker side of man that mooches most of time when not at shows.Yes a nice man but no idol.Sorry if I killed your dreams :hmm As for liking good music,I guess cause he's at every possible show on the planet,including metal shows.Nice man= :thumbup Idol= :brow

And by the way, your way cooler than Bob

Edited by oceanman

I lived in St Louis for most of my life and Beatle Bob was defintiely a staple at many shows and a fan of many genres......he isn't a bad guy persay, though is a known klepto and mooch. He is banned from most record stores in STL because of his sticky fingers.

He can also be quite irritating if he ends up next to you at a show.

And I think he does have an appreciation for the music - though I think he appreciates his quasi-fame more than anything.

For awhile there was a woman we called Bobbie, who was like the female equivalent of BB and went to a lot of hardcore and indie rock shows. Her dancing was even crazier.....and never to the beat of the music.

For awhile there was a woman we called Bobbie, who was like the female equivalent of BB and went to a lot of hardcore and indie rock shows. Her dancing was even crazier.....and never to the beat of the music.

I saw someone exactly like that at a Riviera show in Milwaukee... wonder if it's the same woman.

I think if Beatle Bob pushed his way in front of me and started his dancing, I'd be tempted to wallop him in the ears.

I got this picture two years ago at the ACL as Wilco was on stage and it was killing me not knowing who it was...

Is this Beatle Bob?

http://tinyurl.com/jyxlk

What's horrible is that he invited me to go down to that Acl with him,I actuallly thought about it,then realizing the shadow I would be in all weekend.

all of you have shattered my dreams of following in the footsteps of Beatle Bobs...I am going to drink some anti-freeze now, good bye cruel world...you'll miss me when I'm gone

Edited by G_willy
What's horrible is that he invited me to go down to that Acl with him,I actuallly thought about it,then realizing the shadow I would be in all weekend.

It might not have been so horrible for you oceanman... Bob evidently had some pull with security because he just showed up at the barricade. Everyone else that had that good a spot for Wilco had to endure the 100 degree heat all day with little water and no piss breaks because of the hassle of navigating the crowed to do so.

I believe Bob must have been the only person in the park that day dressed so dapper that was not a performer. But now that i think about the little jig he was doing during the Wilco set, he was performing!

(PS I hope E Sue is OK. :ermm)

:cheekkiss :lol I survived. The Flaming Lips show was really fun until then!

Wilco was great as usual. Walken= :wub :wub :wub

One of my only complaints about the festival was the noise from the AMD stage during Wolfmother's set. The band (Particle, I think) sounded pretty good, but they shouldn't have been on stage at the same time...or those 2 stages were just too close to each other. :hmm

all of you have shattered my dreams of following in the footsteps of Beatle Bobs...I am going to drink some anti-freeze now, good bye cruel world...you'll miss me when I'm gone

Well I'm glad we atleast had a chance to meet...........

The youtube of The Frames was great,goddamn CTA takes so f-n long.

Guest Jules

Here's another compliment for The Frames. I was standing across the field waiting for Nickel Creek to start and really enjoyed their set. They got a lot of people's attention who were doing the same thing.