• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

midlake-cd.jpg

The new frontrunner in the coveted Mike's favorite album of the year award.

--Mike

Nothing ive heard so far this year can top that. :wub

I really can't believe all that love for the Midlake record; just didn't do anything for me at all...

Something about American band trying really hard to sound British and writing songs about 1891 does something for me. I am sure when I get out of the I need to hear this album every waking hour of every day phase, I might be able to look at it with a little objectivity. For now it's now playing, still playing and probably countiunally playing for quite some time.

--Mike

I really can't believe all that love for the Midlake record; just didn't do anything for me at all...

I think you should give it another go mate. Sounds great on a sunny day...

Something about American band trying really hard to sound British and writing songs about 1891 does something for me. I am sure when I get out of the I need to hear this album every waking hour of every day phase, I might be able to look at it with a little objectivity. For now it's now playing, still playing and probably countiunally playing for quite some time.

--Mike

hmm... that Midlake record sounds pretty fucking American to me...

yes it sounds like Fleetwood Mac plenty at times, but Fleetwood had a very much American sound a lot of the times anyway.

but yeah, the melodies are just absolutely gorgeous, sorry you're not feeling it Rich

I think you should give it another go mate. Sounds great on a sunny day...

I listened to it a lot when I got it after being really impressed with "Roscoe", but it just sounds so polished that I can't get into it, keep slipping off :)

Matt - some good choice from the bargain bin there! That Sparklehorse record is great.