• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this new Lucero is better than their last one right? That thing got cock-stroked on here so much but it wasn't that great. The production blew and the songs, for the most part, were passable.

I can say that the production on this is great. At least in my mind, but I dont know much about producing. Its better than Nobody's Darlings for sure. It seems as if they spent way more time and effort on this one.

huh. this coming from a guy with sebadoh as his avatar :P

True, but I ain't stroking their earlier stuff either. Being lo-fi is one thing, but muddy production is another. I doubt that was Luceros intent whereas Sebadoh were deliberately muddy and harsh. Apples and oranges.

True, but I ain't stroking their earlier stuff either. Being lo-fi is one thing, but muddy production is another. I doubt that was Luceros intent whereas Sebadoh were deliberately muddy and harsh. Apples and oranges.

hmm.. you sure you didn't download the early unmixed/unmastered leaked version of Nobody's Darlings? cuz that one did sound a bit weak, but i have zero problem w/ the overall production on the final version, def not muddy at all.

lucero.rebels, rogues and sworn brothers :wub :music ummm, yeah this is fantastic

i like it a lot but it ain't bowlin' me over like the last 3 have to be honest...

i kinda feel similiarly about it as i did w/ the new DBT it seems...

the organ/keys are a nice addition, but they overdo it a bit at times, and the early Springsteen influence is pretty obvious, right down to the piano on the first song apeing Born To Run.

def a really great record though for sure

cover_rrsb_lg.jpg

I really like it. my favorite lucero album?....no probablly not, but I think it's going to give them a better live show. it certainly is a departure from same old, same old. the organ is trying too hard though....anyone know who that guy is... I hope they leave him home next time.