• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fables

Murmur

Chronic Town (not really an album, but...)

If Chronic Town doesn't count, I'd substitute Life's Rich Pageant.

Kinda remember REM but it's been a long, long time...

:hmm

up (yeah, i like it too!)

new adventures in hi-fi

life's rich pageant

New Adv. is a classic that hit me outta left field when it was released - I was floored and am still

Word... I can't get enough of "Be Mine"

1. Green (I can't believe how little love this album gets, it is such an amazing album, Hairshirt, World leader pretend,I remember california,You are the everything...)

Stand ruins everything else on that record...

"Stand ruins everything else on that record..."

I love Stand :wub Green is the only REM album I really like,all the others have a song or two I dislike enough to skip. Some how the darker & more melancholy songs seem to work well with the goofy ones,maybe its just me, it was the first album of theirs I got into back in 88 so maybe that explains it.

"Stand" was the song that turned me on to REM. I remember seeing the video when I was in high school and thinking, "Whoa, REM are really cool!" And so, logically, I went out and bought "Fables of the Reconstruction." I was a weird kid. :punch

In retrospect, I think it was the right choice, but there's some good songs on "Green." "Orange Crush" is one of my favorites.

So I decided to give New Adventures another spin, and it was pretty awesome. I don't love it, but I like it, and that is unexpected to say the least.

Latest on a new album is that theyre talking about getting back together in the fall or winter. I'm sure we have a while, but if it results in something better than the absurdly insipid Around The Sun, I'll wait.

though if chronic town doesn't count as an album (it's an EP) i would pick dead letter office (which has chronic town on it anyways)

Dead Letter Office doesn't count as an album either. It's a compilation of oddities and B-sides.