• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chronic Town is BRILLIANT. I left it out as it's not an "LP".

Green is very nice pop album.....I love, love, love World Leader Pretend.

And Up is written off by some....though I think unfairly. The songs are a little all over the place...and it somehow lacks the overall magical feel other R.E.M. albums, but in the context of Berry leaving and Stipe thinking it would be the band's last album, its many great quirks hold it together.

I have an original cassette of Chronic Town. As I have said before, there are some great songs on all of their albums - and some rather crappy ones - Shiny Happy People? Yuck! For instance - I also rather like Fables of The Reconstruction - the song Good Advices comes to mind - great chorus - but the song sounds out of synce or some such thing.

I have an original cassette of Chronic Town. As I have said before, there are some great songs on all of their albums - and some rather crappy ones - Shiny Happy People? Yuck! For instance - I also rather like Fables of The Reconstruction - the song Good Advices comes to mind - great chorus - but the song sounds out of synce or some such thing.

yeh, I'd like to take all the REM releases and cut them in half or consolidate them

if done properly, one of the best catalogs ever

as it stands, a good band

Just curious....

What other bands fall in the "good" category?

I'm not sure anyone has enough time to list all the "good" bands. Besides, it's much more fun to list the ones that suck.

I have the Chronic town original vinyl....and I LIKE Shiney Happy People.....I watched the video yesterday and it is entertaining too...

LouieB

I have the Chronic town original vinyl....and I LIKE Shiney Happy People.....I watched the video yesterday and it is entertaining too...

LouieB

Well, that's your problem, man.