140 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the newer songs is your favorite

• What Light
    • Impossible Germany
    • Let's Fight
    • Is That The Thanks I Get?
    • Maybe The Sun Will Shine Today
    • None Of Them

Considering Walken (a.k.a Best Song Ever) isn't on the list...

If I didn't understand English then I'd probably really like Walken too.

I voted What Light for best (it's the only song I've heard so far that I wouldn't change anything about it) but ranked they'd go something like:

What Light

Impossible Germany

Is That The Thanks I Get

Walken

Either Way

We Can Make It Better!

Let's Fight

On & On & On

I know Is That The Thanks I Get and We Can Make It Better! are nominally the same song but I'm hoping Jeff comes to his senses and gets rid of the fluffy feel good tack on bit so it can join the good songs on the list.

I love Impossible Germany. It is lyrically beautiful and has kickin' solos.

Not much to choose from here. It was like voting for president. I'm just trying to pick the least bad song. I'm hopeful however that the songs will benefit from some studio time.

Edit: Oh, I also am hopeful that hearing them live in Chicago will bring something new to my experience.

Edited by WilcoFan

I am finding I have a dislike for what weve heard of "Let's Fight", which is weird cause I have really enjoyed everything else that come up.

"What Light" is boardering on mixtape classic already. And I wasn't alone in thinking Impossible Germany is tops.

What I wonder is did "On & ON" and "Either Way" get discarded by the band or did they just put them away to save them for the record after playing them a couple times?

I am finding I have a dislike for what weve heard of "Let's Fight", which is weird cause I have really enjoyed everything else that come up.

"What Light" is boardering on mixtape classic already. And I wasn't alone in thinking Impossible Germany is tops.

What I wonder is did "On & ON" and "Either Way" get discarded by the band or did they just put them away to save them for the record after playing them a couple times?

I don't think either where discarded, what Wilco has done in the past with new songs is played them for a run of shows and then rotated them in and out of the setlist until the album was completed. Walken, At Least That's What You Said, some of the earlier stuff are exceptions to this rule, but I don't think they've been retired. Whether or not they end up on the album is anyone's guess at this point.

--Mike

If I didn't understand English then I'd probably really like Walken too.

And so you voted for - ahem - What Light instead. Hmm.

"If you're trying to paint a picture

but you're not sure which colours belong

just paint what you feel

don't let anyone say its wrong"

Also, the line "Don't let anyone change your bag" is hilarious.