How much is is to make a mobile17 tone? Does it bill my phone directly? Do I need to hook it up via USB to get the tone? Thanks

All the ones I've done have been for free. If you want to pay a premium I think you can get the message sent quicker (so far after I've created a ring tone it's taken somewhere between 30-45 minutes for the message to hit my phone containing the ring tone). You don't have to hook anything up because they send the ring tone directly to your phone as a text message (at least in my case).

If you'll go to the site and enter all the info about your phone or PDA, it will probably tell you your options.

--N

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just a heads up, if anyone has problems with the smashthetones site and happens to have bluetooth capabilities, definitely go with that option (the 4th on the list). when i first tried this out like 6 months ago i would never receive the text with the link in it, and if i did miraculously get it, my cell browser would never cooperate and the link would be useless. it took me forever to realize i can just sync my phone to my computer and get it put on my phone right away (another reason why i love my mac :D). plus, in case it somehow disappears from your phone, you can always grab it from the comp again

Are any of these Sprint PCS compatible?

when you first create an account it asks you to choose your phone and network from a huge pull down list...sprint is definitely an option