Songs you didn't like on first hearing

I prefer SEEING spiders performed live than to hear the album version, but if we are talking about versions we listen to at home, id rather listen to the studio version i think.

Unless we are including the old version, and then all bets are off.

No one else hated Hoodoo Vodoo the first time through? Curious to hear so many saying Summerteeth, which immediately struck me as brilliant in a Beatles, Beach Boys, Costello kind of way--except for one song.

No one else hated Hoodoo Vodoo the first time through?

I didn't hate it but it was pretty far down the list of Woody tunes...It's moved up since then

speaking of hoodoo voodoo, a friend of mine isnt a wilco fan but a big billy bragg fan. so he bought the mermaid avenue albums. he also hated hoodoo..

later on, i showed him the Man in the sand dvd... when he saw the live footage of hoodoo voodoo at the end, he ended up loving the song

Guest Jules
No one else hated Hoodoo Vodoo the first time through? Curious to hear so many saying Summerteeth, which immediately struck me as brilliant in a Beatles, Beach Boys, Costello kind of way--except for one song.

Hmm, could it be We're Just Friends?

speaking of hoodoo voodoo, a friend of mine isnt a wilco fan but a big billy bragg fan. so he bought the mermaid avenue albums. he also hated hoodoo..

later on, i showed him the Man in the sand dvd... when he saw the live footage of hoodoo voodoo at the end, he ended up loving the song

I hated it on the MMA cd, but have loved it live.

Kissle me some more, indeed.

MMMmmmmm...Bop

But after seeing how hot the girls were in the band I was instantly in love with it.

heh, i remember the first time i heard the tune - i thought to myself "hmm, this chick sounds hot"

then i saw the video clip :no