Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steal your girl and somehow make you happy it happened.

Cure cancer while waiting in line at the DMV.

Win the AL MVP, AL ROY, and WS MVP. And, given enough time, the Triple Crown.

Sir S, please photoshop Papelbon's head on Secretariat, post-haste.

I'd like to see him do it in Sept/Oct before I go tossin his salad.

Cripers. And all this stemmed from stating he was the currently the best closer? Nobody claimed he was the second-coming of closer Jesus.

Anyway, how about that Dessens for Perez deal?

For you White Sox fans, here's an interesting little thing that profiles Kenny Williams' July trades.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/files/chicag...ox_williams.xls

Since hell wasn't in the market for a pitcher, they just sent Perez to the next best place they could find.

The Royals pay Perez 4 million for the next 2 years, and he automatically becomes their most talented pitcher.They also picked up a couple of live arms for their depleted system.

they took him out after 5

his first start back from injury

Actually Prior pitched against the Nationals on 7/21, going 3.1 innings and giving up 4 hits and 4 runs.

Where's all the baseball talk??? Is everyone that worried about the Yankees overtaking everyone (well, except the Tigers). I kid, I kid.

What the Twins have done the last month is just incredible. They also have their big 3 going this weekend against the Tigers. That should be an interesting series.

Just so we're clear, I will only sign off on trading Milledge for Zito only if there's a contract extension involved.

Marlins came close to reacquiring Juan Pierre today, but the Cubs GM Jim Hendry wanted to much. I guess he was trying to get us back for fleecing him in that deal in the offseason. I love that all the Marlins were willing to give up for him was one of the 3 guys the Cubs gave up to get him.