Wilco will soon be popular, will you be mad?

Guest tandylacker

Maybe if they brought in Timbaland or The Neptunes as guest producers.

Though I'm sure you mean this as a joke, I wouldn't be completely opposed to Wilco doing a song or two with the Neptunes or Kanye West; they've made some damn fine albums in the past 5 years.

worst idea ever

I could see Wilco doing a collab with Jurassic 5, maybe.

In all honesty I think the odds of Wilco becoming a huge, commercial success are rapidly decreasing with each album, and may have even been at a high with "A.M." I've been wracking my brains for awhile here and I really can't think of any band whose average age is in their early 40's reaching their career popularity peak. I think a couple of fair comparisons for Wilco's future can be found in Sonic Youth and The Flaming Lips. Every five years or so the indie press will rally around a new album, proclaim its genious, and it'll will sell 3-500,000 records to an insanely devoted, yet ever-roatating core of fans. As for the Top 40 or TRL, I think the odds of me winning the lotto may be better.

If you have a Top 40 hit, that doesn't mean you're on TRL, doods. I didn't see Thom Yorke kickin' it in Times Square with Damien. I think it's possible for them to gain a bigger fanbase. Besides, wouldn't it be rewarding to see them up high on Billboard next to a bunch of clowns? You know they'd keep their core values as a band...they have thus far...

Quit the indie backlash b/s

Guest ScottHoward
They have entertained me for years and think they deserve some monetary compensation for once.

I think they're doing just fine already.

This thread is simply ridiculous. If you like the music, you like the music. Who gives a flying fuck how many copies it sells, who else listens to it, etc.?

i'll be so f***in' mad when wilco becomes popular! i'm gonna burn my wilco albums (and not the computer way!) God, how could they do this to us? Sell outs! I wasted so much of my precious time and money on them!

I knew this would happen...it always does to bands i love.

excuse me...i need to be alone for a while...

:rotfl

seriously, i could care less about how many albums the band sells, or what the size of the venues they play at is. the thing that matters is the music, and as long as wilco are making music that prevokes emotion i will buy it and listen with an open mind.

my hope for those bandwagon people is that they at least get something out of the music. however, that's not all that realistic.

my hope for those bandwagon people is that they at least get something out of the music. however, that's not all that realistic.

I don't get the term "bandwagon people". The fact that I bought AM the week it came out doesn't make me any better at listening to Wilco than someone who just listened to them today for the first time.

I don't get the term "bandwagon people". The fact that I bought AM the week it came out doesn't make me any better at listening to Wilco than someone who just listened to them today for the first time.

Careful, you don't want to arouse any pent up anger or teenage angst.

that's not what i meant. i meant those people who go to wilco shows simply to be seen rather than enjoy a live interpretation of the music. what would a better term have been?

that's not what i meant. i meant those people who go to wilco shows simply to be seen rather than enjoy a live interpretation of the music. what would a better term have been?

Caliber nailed it, although "douchebag" would apply as well.