Apocalypse now, mothaf*ckas!

You got me. That was 23 years ago.

I am actually still mad at my parents for making me go, as I had a ticket to see Peter Gabriel at SPAC.

I do know, however, that Galaga is the sequel, and therefore must be better. :P

I realize I'm in a small minority, but I do prefer Galaxian to its successor. Not sure why, except that I always played it better.

I have Galaga too. Actually, with the huge BitTorrent of ROMs that I downloaded, I have virtually everything from back in the day, though much of it is flawed in some way or doesn't work too well with a gamepad -- Tempest being a prime (and unfortunate) example.

also FYI, the latest rapture index is at 157, down from a 2001 record high of 182.

Rapture Ready!!

This is the weirdest thing I have seen in a very long time. Do you know this sketch? Do you know the late great Peter Cook? (and Alan Bennett is a national treasure). You have to read with Peter Cook's voice

The End of the World

From the revue that really launched the 'satire' boom, the 1961 Beyond The Fringe. The cast: Peter Cook, Jonathan Miller, Dudley Moore and Alan Bennett. They are seated, huddled, on the top of a mountain...

Jon : How will it be, this end of which you have spoken, Brother Enim?

Omnes: Yes, how will it be?

Peter : Well, it will be, as 'twere a mighty rending in the sky, you see, and the mountains shall sink, you see, and the valleys shall rise, you see, and great shall be the tumult thereof.

Jon : Will the veil of the temple be rent in twain?

Peter : The veil of the temple will be rent in twain about two minutes before we see the sign of the manifest flying beast-head in the sky.

Alan : And will there be a mighty wind, Brother Enim?

Peter : Certainly there will be a mighty wind, if the word of God is anything to go by...

Dudley : And will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the earth?

Peter : No - it will not be quite as mighty as that - that is why we have come up on the mountain, you stupid nit - to be safe from it. Up here on the mountain we shall be safe - safe as houses.

Alan : And what will happen to the houses?

Peter : Well, naturally, the houses will be swept away and the tents of the ungodly with them, and they will all be consum

I actually know, er knew, Dudley Moore.

http://famouspeople.co.uk/p/petercook.html

_36613309_dudpete150.jpg

Here it would be hard to remember one without the other, from their great time together as a double act in the late 60s / 70s (before Dudley Moore went off to star in those poor films).

Peter Cook was the undoubted genius.

How stupid - Does anyone here even play video games besides me?

World of Warcraft... nuff sed