Wilco, Ryan Adams, Secret Machines,The Raconteurs, & More Lollapaloza Webcasts

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am looking forward to RA. I'm considering running out to B&N between the Raconteurs and RA, but I'm not sure if I've got enough time.

did you have enough time?

Edited by rareair

Okay, I loved the Dead, a lot, and I love Ryan Adams, a lot, but this Phil & Ryan-doing 2 or 3-of-each-other's-songs-a-show crap needs to stop. Been a good set, however. Can't wait for Sleater-Kinney! :cheers

*Edit: Actually, Wharf Rat fits him pretty well! :lol

Not sure how I feel about the RA set. I'm a big fan of his and thought I knew his songs well, but honestly I haven't known 80% of this set. At least the blonde girl doing sign language was very, very cute. :) :beer

Wow, Hickory Wind...

I don't know any Ryan songs anymore so probably don't get as much out of the show as a true fan. Anyway...

1) Ryan's guitar is super cool, I want it now.

2) The noisey songs were good, there were about 2-3 of 'em.

3) Others not so much, yawn.

4) Ryan shouldn't talk during shows, or ever really if his ramblings on forums, answering machines or blogs are anything to go by.

5) His drummer reminds me of Coomer.

6) I really

This could be my lack of experience speaking, but (after MY buffer issues) I was really surprised that the audio/video quality was as good as it was. In the past I have often find these types of events to be sub-par when viewed in a streaming fashion. This was cool though, bring on Wilco!!!!

does anyone have the setlist for RA?

According to Ryan Adams Archive:

What Sin

Please Do Not Let Me Go

Dear Chicago

Peaceful Valley

Expressway To Yr Skull (Sonic Youth)

He's Gone (The Grateful Dead)

Hickory Winds (Birds/Gram Parsons)

Cold Roses

Wharf Rat (The Grateful Dead)

Shakedown On 9th St

Franklins Tower (The Grateful Dead)

I See Monsters

Great show and I managed to recorder it, too! :)

According to Ryan Adams Archive:

I See Monsters

What is this from?

Great show and I managed to recorder it, too! :)

:cheers

I didn't get a chance to listen last night. A question for someone who was present? Did My Morning Jacket and The The Raconteurs play at the same time? If so that sort of sucks, but I definitely would go with MMJ.

I didn't get a chance to listen last night. A question for someone who was present? Did My Morning Jacket and The The Raconteurs play at the same time? If so that sort of sucks, but I definitely would go with MMJ.

Wasn't there, but they did play at the same time, which really does suck. I'm sure if I was there I would have chosen MMJ, but being home I was glad I got to see the Raconteurs for the first time. Man, they were excellent :rock !!!

But what a power-packed hour this must've been:

At Dawn

Off the Record

What a Wonderful Man

Gideon

Anytime

Way That He Sings

Dondante

Golden

Wordless Chorus

One Big Holiday

Mahgeetah

Putting my Wilco obsession aside for a second, MMJ is the best live band I've seen in years :yes .

if you are home and at your computer DO NOT miss the Wilco broadcast tomorrow, so far a lot of the sets have been really good and I personally can't wait for this one at 8:30 central tomorrow. Plus Ben Kweller and others are gracing the stage so it should be a great day to sit at home and watch the broadcasts from http://blueroom.att.com/events/lollapalooza.php