lets see pics of your gear

I bought something similar last year at an estate sale for $10. The organs fan has a speed dial that goes from "soft" to "loud." One of the reeds wasn't working on the thing so I had to take it apart, now all is good. I wish I found more cool stuff like that at garage/estate sale

was it difficult to fix?  i'm not particularly gifted in that area.  On one or two of the stops a couple of keys don't work.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was it difficult to fix?  i'm not particularly gifted in that area.  On one or two of the stops a couple of keys don't work.

I'm not particulary gifted in that area either, was glad to find it was just a stuck reed. The reed was stuck in the opening where the air blows through, I just slid a small screwdriver in there to lift it out of the hole, then used my finger to put it back in its proper position. Hopefully yours has an easy fix like that too.

Guest Don Draper

my new toy came today thanks to the local version of ebay. it's and old electric reed organ.  when you turn it on you can hear and feel the electric fan start up. it's not actually the one in the picture but one very similar.  the knob on the front which controls the speed of the fan and (to a lesser degree) the volume.  man, dos this thing sound good.  people don't appreciate old stuff, so it only set me back about 25 dollars.  it smells like the guy you don't want to sit next to on the bus, though.

attachicon.giforgan suitcase.jpg

Oh wow, my grandmother had one of those and I loved goofing around with it; I had completely forgotten until you posted this.  Hers had chord buttons - I can't see very well from the photo, but does yours?  I liked it, but could only play on it for so long at a go because I'm a pussy and I'm really sensitive to loud noises.  That thing can really crank.

We'll go ahead and put that in the category of things my family tossed because I was too young to have a stake in such matters.  We also unloaded a gorgeous RCA console, one of the giant ones with the turntable, radio and all that.  I'm still looking for one of those for my living room, and not are in the kind of condition hers was in.

Now I'm going to head over to eBay...even though I'm still a pussy about loud noises.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've benched it for now.  I figure if I want it in there I'll just patch it in before the pedal board.  A battery lasts forever in that thing so I don't need to power it on the board.

I'm removing the flanger, the rotovibe and the prunes and custard.  Going to try and remove some signal loss and make a few pedals easier to access.  Also replacing the dyna comp with a wampler ego compression.  Going to have to recut a few patch cables...

I've benched it for now. I figure if I want it in there I'll just patch it in before the pedal board. A battery lasts forever in that thing so I don't need to power it on the board.

I'm removing the flanger, the rotovibe and the prunes and custard. Going to try and remove some signal loss and make a few pedals easier to access. Also replacing the dyna comp with a wampler ego compression. Going to have to recut a few patch cables...

You've got some nice pedals.

My live rig has always been pretty simple. Tuner, Holy Grail Reverb, Seymour Duncan Boost, Crybaby Wah through a Marshall JCM 800 I bought new in '88. Got a Fender Blues Jr for a practice amp. Love it.

The Fuzz Factory was a late addition. I love what other guys do with effects, but I've never had the patience to do it myself.

It's funny - since I bought the Tweedy Martin last year my other stuff's gathering dust. I can't put it down. Great dark tone for fingerpicking.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys, I am so excited! My husband bought me the Epiphone cousin to the Jeff Tweedy SG. It plays amazing and sounds great. I can't compare it to the Gibson, but the color is pretty close and stuff, so yeah. 

I am super excited about it, because there's no way in hell I would ever be able to afford the real SG. I'll post pics soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may pull the trigger and get one of these.  Can't believe how much better my Taylor sounded going straight through this vs. the cheap fender acoustisonic I am currently using.  Plus it's so much easier to cart around:

61qnYBV0NAL.jpg

I think I may pull the trigger and get one of these.  Can't believe how much better my Taylor sounded going straight through this vs. the cheap fender acoustisonic I am currently using.  Plus it's so much easier to cart around:

61qnYBV0NAL.jpg

If you can afford it that is the way to go, very nice amp indeed :^)