• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pedalboard_zps9edafeb2.jpg?t=1387906314

2 questions:

1.  can't tell from the pic, but how do you have the toggle switches set on the prunes n custard?  I always went back and forth on these.  

2.  interesting Rat settings.  Looks like you've got it set really bright with almost no distortion.  I am going to have to try that setting.  I was about to take the rat off my board.  It just has no low end compared to the Joyo Ultimate Drive (OCD rip-off) I got.

Nice stuff people!  I'll play along:

DSCN0683.jpg

Nice Tele! Gorgeous!

What year is that?

Nice!

Love the color, too.

Yeah, that is a sharp looking guitar. I really love the color too. At first I thought it was an SG. Can't quite make out the model, what is it?

Yeah, upon closer inspection definitely an Epiphone. I'm guessing it's the Epiphone SG Custom with Maestro Tremolo (Limited Edition):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-sg-custom-with-maestro-electric-guitar

Yeah, it is indeed an Epi

Sort of a knock-off of the Tweedy guitar. Contemplating getting a white pick guard and a truss rod cover that says "tweedy" to make it a true knock off. :lol 

It plays well. My husband got a great deal on it too. 

Yeah, it is indeed an Epi

Sort of a knock-off of the Tweedy guitar. Contemplating getting a white pick guard and a truss rod cover that says "tweedy" to make it a true knock off. :lol

It plays well. My husband got a great deal on it too. 

Very cool and congrats.  Epiphones are good guitars, especially for the price.  Maybe if you right a nice letter to Gibson they will send you a tweedy truss rod cover.

Epiphones are good guitars, especially for the price. 

They really are.  I really should be playing my 94 strat more often at shows because it weighs half as much and is probably worth 2 or 3 times more, but I just can't put my Epi Les Paul Custom down.. 

the true worth of a guitar isn't determined by the price tag.  I love my cheapo Danelectro 59DC RI.

I'm Danelectro crazy myself! And not just because Nels Cline is Jerry Jones/Danelectro crazy too either ;)

I always wait to get great deals on them (you can find them really, really cheap if you wait for it...)...soooo... I currently have a Silver Sparkle '59 reissue DC-3 (3 pick-up version of the DC-59), a Silver Sparkle DC Bass, a Black DC-12 String, & a Butterscotch Blonde '56 reissue Baritone- which is U2 model guitar shaped, or if you prefer Dolphin Bass shaped. ...the total cost for all 4 was just under $1000, & they sound like a million bucks...which, of course, is priceless :)

• 2 months later...

Ahhhhh... I love the smell of a new guitar... Smells like... Victory. 

Very beautiful, Moss. I love Martins: classy, classic style. Is it a D-28?

Sort of.  It's a HD-28E Retro.  We play so many gigs at the local microbreweries I had to get something with the built in pick ups.  It sounds amazing.  The tone is so thick and rich you could drizzle it over pancakes!