lets see pics of your gear

^^ I'm not familiar with that amp but it sure does look nice. Just checked out the prices on one of these, pretty much what I figured, expensive :). How you liking it so far?

I have had about 1 hour to play with it so far. I took the day off work tomorrow so I can really dial something in with it. So far it's exactly like the reviews I have read. Great reverb, pretty close to a clean Fender sound and very close to a Vox AC-30 crunch. If I can't get a good tone with this amp I may as well give up. There is no hiding sloppy playing with this thing, super clean sound.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the gear for one of my groups.

the bassist is playing a Pevey Mark VI Series head with the house cab. and he's playing a Jackson bass which is 1 of 1000 made. I'm not sure of the model but it sounds great. Real throw back looking. He's got an old Big Muff Pi pedal from the 80's. The first soviet pedal made out of submarine scraps

the guitarist is playing a 1991 SRV signature strat. and playing a Music Man 65 Reverb. A new Big Muff Pi and a Blues Driver.

I'm playing on a kit I've put together over a couple of years. All the drums arent that great but it sounds pretty cool. I've got a 12" Ludwig snare. 10" Ludwig rack. 16" Pearl Export floor tom. The kick drum is 28" its a Ludwig with no badge and i put legs on it myself. Its the Purple and white (the colors of one of the high schools here) so i assume it came from the school systems band room.

I play zildjian new beat hi hats and a sweet ride. I love my kit!

197614_1641077786401_1220490271_31517640_1512934_n.jpg

That is a huge kick drum! But, really shallow, so yeah, it looks like it was maybe a marching band drum.

Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

My newest baby just arrived today, this one being my holy grail of guitars, thought I had to share:

#4 of 25

Breedlove_Revival_000R_JeffTweedy_4125_front_full.jpg

Breedlove_Revival_000R_JeffTweedy_4125_headstock.jpg

Which will be joining the family:

IMAG0303-crop.jpg

And let's not forget these, being that I'm actually a drummer, well actually I made my career as a sound engineer, but I've been a drummer in bands:

IMAG0305-crop.jpg

It sure is. I love slotted headstocks - so classic.

How does it sound? Is it rosewood or mahogany?

She sounds sweet, very warm, plays real easy too. Heres some details:

Breedlove Revival 000-12 JTLE Deluxe

• Revival 000 body shape
  • Select Master Grade Red Spruce Top
  • Select Master Grade East Indian Rosewood Back & Sides
  • Ivoroid Body & Neck Binding
  • Gold Pearl "Honeycomb" Position Markers
  • "Flower & Bees" Headstock Inlay
  • Bone Nut & Saddle
  • 2 months later...

th_DSC_1773.jpg

DSC_1767.jpg

DSC_1763.jpg

I have a friend that wants to know what this guitar is and what it might be worth. He said it's his step moms and her dad left it to her. I don't know much about Gibsons but this looks like an ES-335 or something. Possibly an old one? Can anybody out there help me out?

I used to have one of these, but with a blue, metal-flake finish.

Even the (D'Armond) pickups were a kind of sparkly blue:

harmony_jaguar.jpg

Sold it for $100 when I was unemployed back in 1997.

Thing played like shit and wouldn't stay in tune anyway.

Still, it looked hot, and those were pretty great pickups. The guy that I sold it to took it apart and used the pickups in a baritone guitar that he was building.

According to thisit would be a 1963. And it looks pretty similar to this , except for the tailpiece.

It looks like there's a label on the inside of the guitar-any info written on there? Nashville or Kalamazoo production line?

Thanks for the link, I'm going to offer him $100 for it. Just kidding, I asked him for the same info but have not heard back yet. No matter what it looks like a nice guitar and in nice shape. I think she is having some financial issues right now so this could be pretty exciting if it turns out to be something.

Edit: Oops, just saw a statement on that site that says if it has "Made in USA" near the serial number then it's from the 70's and not the 60's. But the section on the 70's seems to have letters in all the serial numbers which this one does not have. Confusing.

if its from the 70's its still worth something

Thats a ES-555 with a trapeze tailpiece btw.

Beautiful looking guitar!

Thanks for the info. From the little research I just did, it says the ES-555 is basically an ES-335 made by heritage. Shouldn't it say heritage instead of Gibson on the headstock?

And let's not forget these, being that I'm actually a drummer, well actually I made my career as a sound engineer, but I've been a drummer in bands:

IMAG0305-crop.jpg

Hey I think we have the same kit! Is that a Phonic or force3000? Mines pretty beat up though. I'll post some pics soon

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. From the little research I just did, it says the ES-555 is basically an ES-335 made by heritage. Shouldn't it say heritage instead of Gibson on the headstock?

Heritage headstocks are shaped differently than Gibsons. That's definitely a Gibson in the photo. I'd LOVE to have an older 335. That might be my "if I win the lottery" guitar.

This thread is the first time I've ever heard of a 555, but I don't know all that much about the Heritage brand.

Gibson27.jpg

Gibson21.jpg

Finally got some more pictures so no more guesswork. It's an ES-335 made in Kalamazoo. Just need to figure out the year which is still confusing with their numbering system.

I posted some pictures of my old home studio setup a while back, here's the latest incarnation (gone is the analog 8-track, finally had to go digital):

Studio1a.jpg

Studio2a.jpg Studio3a.jpg

Studio4a.jpg Studio5a.jpg

Wow. I really want a pedal steel at some point. And where does one even buy a Sitar?

I'd been wanting a pedal steel for years, finally took the plunge earlier this year. Love it! Naturally it sounds good in a country setting, but I've been finding it very useful on some of the rock/power pop songs I've been working on.

I could never find a sitar in any of my local music stores. I did find an Indian music store in my city that sold them but they were back-ordered for a few months so I ended up buying one online from these guys:

http://www.tablasitar.com/buy-sitar-c-50.html

Delivery was fast and free. Funnily it came gift wrapped. Considering the size and shape of a sitar case that's pretty impressive.

I came across a cool music store a few weeks back while in Reykjavik that sold sitars and other such worldly instruments:

ReykjavikMusicStore.jpg

I think I spent about 2 hours here playing every instrument I could get my hands on. The owner was very friendly and helpful. I ended up buying a Sansula (very similar to a Kalimba) and a Viking Jaw Harp from the guy. I'm pretty sure the guy told me he does worldwide orders so if you're on the lookout for a sitar or something...

Here's the site: http://www.sangitamiya.is/en/

I was very tempted to take home one of the handmade Icelandic Earth Harps they had in the window:

ReykjavikMusicStore2.jpg