lets see pics of your gear

I have that Tele and I love it. How do you like the Deja Vibe? Thinking of picking one of those up.

Yeah, love the Tele too. Great tones and plays like a dream. Did you modify the wiring for a more modern Tele sound or did you keep it in '52 mode?

I love the Deja Vibe. You can get some Inspiring sounds from it for sure. Plus it's fairly versatille, you can switch between modern and vintage tonalities (both are good, the modern is slightly brighter in sound), and of course you also can switch between chorus or vibrato. I usually go with the chorus mode in the vintage setting, gives that nice swirling shimmery Hendrix-y vibe ala "Angel."

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, love the Tele too. Great tones and plays like a dream. Did you modify the wiring for a more modern Tele sound or did you keep it in '52 mode?

I love the Deja Vibe. You can get some Inspiring sounds from it for sure. Plus it's fairly versatille, you can switch between modern and vintage tonalities (both are good, the modern is slightly brighter in sound), and of course you also can switch between chorus or vibrato. I usually go with the chorus mode in the vintage setting, gives that nice swirling shimmery Hendrix-y vibe ala "Angel."

That's what I wanted to hear (about the Deja Vibe). Yeah, I had the capacitor clipped on the tele to get rid of that muddy neck pickup sound. Never regretted it. I can use that guitar to play anything now.

Time to resurrect this thread. Here's some guitars and amps I haven't posted yet (well other than the Fender Twin that is.)

2EpiphoneSwingster.jpg 8telecaster.jpg

Epiphone Swingster ............................................. American Vintage '52 Telecaster Reissue

1SquierJazzmaster.jpg 3Fenderbassampa.jpg

Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster + Vox AC15C1 ...... '62 Precision Bass Reissue + Bassman TV Fifteen

How's that Mascis Jazzmaster? Squier has been cranking out some great looking stuff lately.

How's that Mascis Jazzmaster? Squier has been cranking out some great looking stuff lately.

I don't think you can find a proper Jazzmaster style guitar any cheaper ($379 retail.) The quality is surprisingly good too. Very nice guitar to play with some good sounds.

• 4 weeks later...

Turning 40 isn't all bad. My wife told me to get myself something, and I am now the proud owner of a 1976 Les Paul Deluxe.

1__83857_zoom.jpg

This isn't my guitar, but it's the same model. I'll probably take the pickguard off. My aging back probably only has a few more years of being able to hold this thing.

Turning 40 isn't all bad. My wife told me to get myself something, and I am now the proud owner of a 1976 Les Paul Deluxe.

1__83857_zoom.jpg

This isn't my guitar, but it's the same model. I'll probably take the pickguard off. My aging back probably only has a few more years of being able to hold this thing.

A friend of the family has one of these that he rarely plays anymore. Got it from a high school band reunion more than 20 years ago, and its owner just never asked for it back. Has loaned it to me on occasion. I hope it'll be mine someday.

Oh - and congratulations, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

That's a beautiful guitar! I love how mini humbuckers look.

I just bought these two off of Ebay for a combined total of like $50. Will make a nice little project:

H-802-0000.jpg

I used to play in a band with a guy who played a Harmony very similar to that sunburst one. It was a pretty great sounding guitar. Those pickups can put out some real snarly tones.

• 2 weeks later...

Testing out my new instagram account. Now that it is out for android, it is safe for non-hipsters now, right?

Nice pic, what is it?

Could someone please explain Instagram to me?

My Martin 00-DB Jeff Tweedy arrived yesterday, yahoo!!! I guess I need to start saving for the SG now, I was saving before until this came up and my thinking was the SG will be around for a while so better grab the Martin, can't believe I got #10.

I call this shot "A Tale Of Two Tweedys"

TwoTweedys.jpg

That's a beauty Bosco, two of them acutally. You'll have to let us know how the new one sounds.

That's a beauty Bosco, two of them acutally. You'll have to let us know how the new one sounds.

I've been sick in bed so I don't have a lot of playing time yet, maybe 2 or 3 hours. It's all mahogany and I've never had a hog top guitar before, my initial impressions so far are it's got a more of a woody folksy sound, it's very tight and focused and not as loud as the other. When finger picking (which I'm not so good at) she sounds very warm and each note is very clearly defined. I'm having fun, and I have a feeling I'll spend a lot of time polishing up my finger picking skills.