My Morning Jacket Live Album and Movie

Not brand new news, but pretty new and damn exciting news. I saw "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" in three cities when it was released. Here's hoping I get to do the same for "Okonokos." Eagerly counting down the days to this one, Greg

Southern-rock revivalists My Morning Jacket have revealed details on their forthcoming double-live album and accompanying concert film, Okonokos. According to a press release, the double CD "begins with 'Wordless Chorus,' one of the Jacket's captivating traditional introductions. A glacially expansive 'One Big Holiday' grips you, throws you into a trance-inspiring guitar riff frenzy, quiets down, and leads you through another transcendent moment. The collection continues to mesmerize through the second disc, and closes with a spirited 'Mahgeeta.'" The double-disc, mixed by Michael Brauer (Bob Dylan, Coldplay) and mastered by Bob Ludwig, will be in stores Sept. 26 on ATO/RCA.

The DVD counterpart "captures the band's heavenly set, preserving their modern classics while simultaneously allowing the viewer to enter their bewitching world," the press release continues. "With the aid of the trailblazing lighting designer Marc Brickman, applauded for his work with Pink Floyd, they were able to add a phosphorous glow to the already celestial environment they created. This concert film, done in 5.1 surround sound, will be screened in select cities this fall." Okonokos DVD will be released Oct. 31.

Here are the tracks on Okonokos:

Disc one:

"Wordless Chorus"

"It Beats 4 U"

"Gideon"

"One Big Holiday"

"I Will Sing You Songs"

"Lowdown"

"The Way That He Sings"

"What A Wonderful Man"

"Off The Record"

"Golden"