PLEASE tell me someone saw the Blisters at lollapalooza yesterday! I've seen the ad and the mini-documentary thing...but I can't get enough..I'm praying someone got some adorable photos!

People, it's time we start posting MP3s of other members of the Tweedy clan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...would anyone care about the Blisters if Tweedy's kid wasn't in the band? I've never heard them, so I'm legitimately interested in some opinions since it seems like it's just a bunch of pre-teens playing alt-rock covers (and enjoyed in a quasi-ironic manner).

I think a bunch of their covers were legitimately very very good. They covered the ramones perfectly, and dear prudence was great. However, I was looking forward to "She Don't Use Jelly", and I would say their voices arent ready to do that song yet. At any rate, they were great.

Of course they wouldnt be at lollapalooza and we wouldnt be discussing them if they weren't but aside from 10 year old voices which can most definitley be excused, they play pretty tightly together and it sounded good. Plus we got to meet Jeff which was pretty neat.

Just googled "the blisters tweedy" (just googling "the blisters" returned some unsettling links) to get some more info, and the following link came up:

NNDB

Click on the "unknown detox facility" link, and look at some of the "known for" entries. Some are fairly laugh-inducing...

Just googled "the blisters tweedy" (just googling "the blisters" returned some unsettling links) to get some more info, and the following link came up:

NNDB

Click on the "unknown detox facility" link, and look at some of the "known for" entries. Some are fairly laugh-inducing...

"Wife: Sue Miller (lounge owner)"

:w00t

Seriously. On first glance I thought that was John Bonham.

Yeah, I saw that earlier and didn't post it because of the shots of Jeff.

So,,, I guess I'll lay off the cracks about the dorky jackets now that we know the reason why he wears 'em, but getting that overweight probably isn't any healthier than smoking.

Yeah, I saw that earlier and didn't post it because of the shots of Jeff.

So,,, I guess I'll lay off the cracks about the dorky jackets now that we know the reason why he wears 'em, but getting that overweight probably isn't any healthier than smoking.

Running 7-8 miles a day creates a lack of weight, not an excess.

Edited by poortranslator
Running 7-8 miles a day creates a lack of weight, not an excess.

Did you even bother to check the link to see the pictures?

I'll refrain from posting any of the pictures here because I'm not a complete asshole, but there's not a lot of skinniness going on.

Did you even bother to check the link to see the pictures?

I'll refrain from posting any of the pictures here because I'm not a complete asshole, but there's not a lot of skinniness going on.

:(

now now you wouldn't like someone busting out about your body shape in pictures. lest we forget he has been recovering from a running induced injury which probably has not allowed him to keep up with his regime.

:(

now now you wouldn't like someone busting out about your body shape in pictures. lest we forget he has been recovering from a running induced injury which probably has not allowed him to keep up with his regime.

And that he looks fine! You people are crazy - he looks exactly the same as he always looks which is hardly heavy enough to think that his weight is as unhealthy as smoking.