how cool is carrot top???

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Strutter"

Edit:

"Hard Luck Woman" may be one of the greatest songs from the 70's.

Last night, me and the missus watched the Disney movie about Texas Western winning the NCAA tourney.

Maybe it's the mook frat boy in me, but I love those type of movies and that was a good one. Granted, it was Remember the Titans (Basketball version), but I liked it a lot.

I missed that Gene Simmons show, how was it? Does Shannon Tweed vaccum the house in the buff? Does Gene spit blood and breathe fire all over the kids when they get in trouble at school? Any impromptu jam sessions on Detroit Rock City w/ the ghost of Paul Lynne and Witchiepoo from the Puffenstuff show?

and, yes, the correct answer is 'Cold Gin'.

Maybe it's the mook frat boy in me, but I love those type of movies and that was a good one. Granted, it was Remember the Titans (Basketball version), but I liked it a lot.

Whatever gene I have that makes me like obscure music that only 10 other people have ever heard of apparently has no effect on my taste in film, because I also dig the cheesy sports movies (among other mainstream genres). I even watched half of Rebound w/ Martin Lawrence over the weekend and didn't mind it all that much.

I was listening to Double Platinum a few days ago. I know Uncle Tupelo gets all the credit for inventing country rock, but Peter Criss sang "Hard Luck Woman" while those guys were still in grade school.

That is their Rod Stewart rip-off - later covered by Garth Brooks on Kiss My Ass.

God Gave Rock and Roll to U

You're dead to me.

"God of Thunder"

"Do You Love Me"

That is their Rod Stewart rip-off - later covered by Garth Brooks on Kiss My Ass.

While not as good as the stuff he did with Faces or on Every Picture..., that song is probably better than anything Rod Stewart ever did after 1976.

and, in the same 'disturbing things that happen over dinner' vein as that KISS video...

My buddies and I used to repeat the Dad's line during lulls in conversation all the time in High School, plus the synchronized slo-mo windmills from Bret and Bobby at the crescendo of this masterpiece of a video make Pat Sansone look like a chump.

I may be at Penn Station sometime on the 18th.

Will you have any new material?

sounds great Greg

I may be at Penn Station sometime on the 18th.

you're shitting me. pig in the city?

:lol I enjoyed all of the above posts.

Still, to this day, every time i'm about to open a door to a conference room for a meeting...a little part of me hopes that instead of another boring dog and pony of powerpoint slides, I walk into...

THIS

...instead. Still one of my favorite videos of all time.

While not as good as the stuff he did with Faces or on Every Picture..., that song is probably better than anything Rod Stewart ever did after 1976.

There are a few good songs since then. His next album is going to be another cover album - this time it's going to rock songs. He is doing a Bonnie Tyler song - which, I find funny as hell.

you're shitting me. pig in the city?

Why are you calling me a pig?