I wonder how he will manage in NYC. I always got the impression that Thax got by with a little help from his friends, so I'm hoping he has some good friends in NYC. Best of luck to him. Maybe a few prayers, too.

177987148.jpg

I see the Hideout is having a Thax Going Away party.
August 31 for all those interested....Thursday night.

I wonder how he will manage in NYC. I always got the impression that Thax got by with a little help from his friends, so I'm hoping he has some good friends in NYC. Best of luck to him. Maybe a few prayers, too.
Prayers are in order I think. But maybe this is just what Thax needs. Maybe he can start taking better care of himself, get more focused and lose some of the baggage he has been carrying around Chicago. I sure hope that he has some support system.

LouieB

there's street poets here?

I've seen a few mixed in with the Black Israelites and Moonies, sure. This was in pre-Giuliani Time, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to flog a dead horse here, but I just got back from a screening of the Thax documentary. Lots of Wilco content (major Tweedy screentime), and a nice screen shot of VC whilst Thax is discussing that post. Pretty intense viewing though, and having experienced a lot of it firsthand my first though is it is really interesting what editing can do. I'm not sure about release info, etc but there is a website:

http://www.strangerthanfilms.com/thax.html

Not to flog a dead horse here, but I just got back from a screening of the Thax documentary. Lots of Wilco content (major Tweedy screentime), and a nice screen shot of VC whilst Thax is discussing that post. Pretty intense viewing though, and having experienced a lot of it firsthand my first though is it is really interesting what editing can do. I'm not sure about release info, etc but there is a website:

http://www.strangerthanfilms.com/thax.html

Looks pretty interesting I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

--Mike