New Fall Dates Just Added!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ft. Worth date could not come a a better time. I got my daughter hooked on the band, she turns 16 this Monday. I told her she would be getting her birthday present this October. This will be my 4th time seeing the boys play, can't wait!

ue-tied lightning' date='Aug 16 2006, 01:37 PM' post='746061']

looks like NYC could be next

sadly, the PA show is 6 hours away from NYC and nobody that I know is crazy enough to travel that far for Wilco (fools!). If I could only shave it down to 4 hours...

sadly, the PA show is 6 hours away from NYC and nobody that I know is crazy enough to travel that far for Wilco (fools!). If I could only shave it down to 4 hours...

I thought it'd actually be closer to 7. But if they don't come any closer, I'm crazy enough to do it.

If they played SIX TIMES here in ONE year ...I'd be.... :stunned YEAHHH!!!!

--Robert.

Well, to be fair, Wilco has only played once in Chicago this year (Conan doesn't count), and it was a short festival set. When you're used to a handful of full shows per year, it's easy to get greedy. But I do feel for Froggie ;)

"Why don't they ever play Chicago?" - Ace 141

I don't know you tell me? Greg.

1994-11-23 Wilco Lounge Ax Lounge Ax home page Chicago, IL

1994-12-29 Jeff Tweedy & Jay Bennett Lounge Ax Lounge Ax home page Chicago, IL

1995-05-29 Jeff Tweedy WXRT WXRT home page Chicago, IL

1995-06-04 Wilco WLUP WLUP home page Chicago, IL

1995-06-16 Wilco The Vic Theater The Vic Theater home page Chicago, IL

1995-10-12 Wilco Navy Pier Grand Ballroom Chicago, IL

I assume you know I was joking, but thanks for the list anyway.

I think I might be able to go to the Latrobe, PA date. I hope the Gym has good acoustics.

--Mike

I may be making the trip up for that one as well. It's only about 15 minutes from were I grew up. Seems like a good time to go visit the parents. I couldn't believe it when I saw the post that they were playing Latrobe.

Or coming to Columbus?

Glen and Nels will be in Columbus on 9/22. I hope after the 10/20 Latrobe, PA show they come back to the Northeast where they'll be welcomed with open arms. When autumn comes I don't want to sit in my chair and stare at the TV square 'cuz that would just suck. Anyone going to Jeff's solo show in NC tonight enjoy!!

I vote that they finish the record instead of touring. I'd rather see a new tour in support of a record instead of this 890 year AGIB tour.

Has it been 890 years already? :blink

I vote that they finish the record instead of touring. I'd rather see a new tour in support of a record instead of this 890 year AGIB tour.

There's no reason they can't record for a couple of weeks and then go tour for a couple of weeks and then go back to recording, which seems to be what they are doing now. If the album is going to come out until 07 anyway why not work a couple of dates in the fall?

--Mike

I vote that they finish the record instead of touring.

I vote that they come play in my living room for me. Or just do one show in the Bay Area. Or So Cal, I'm used to the long drive south.

I may be making the trip up for that one as well. It's only about 15 minutes from were I grew up. Seems like a good time to go visit the parents. I couldn't believe it when I saw the post that they were playing Latrobe.

Rob, are you from Greensburg?

never had a reason to go to wichita before, guess i do now.

that cotillion place looks pretty damn swank. should be pretty kewl.

wsu_ms2002-12.70.3.2.jpg

Well Chango I don't want to damper your excitement and I certainly hope you go ahead and hit the Wichita show, but that picture of the Cotillion must be from the night the place opened. I'm from Wichita. My high school prom was held at the Cotillion. It doesn't look anywhere near that good anymore, and I definitely would not call it "swanky". It's been awhle since I've been there myself, but those chandeliers are not there anymore, and I don't think the floor is wooden anymore - been replaced with concrete.

Still, it's not very big, so it should be a nice little intimate show. I'm making the drive down from KC for it, and I'm very excited about seeing one of my favorite bands in my hometown. Never thought I'd get the chance.

Well Chango I don't want to damper your excitement and I certainly hope you go ahead and hit the Wichita show, but that picture of the Cotillion must be from the night the place opened. I'm from Wichita. My high school prom was held at the Cotillion. It doesn't look anywhere near that good anymore, and I definitely would not call it "swanky". It's been awhle since I've been there myself, but those chandeliers are not there anymore, and I don't think the floor is wooden anymore - been replaced with concrete.

Still, it's not very big, so it should be a nice little intimate show. I'm making the drive down from KC for it, and I'm very excited about seeing one of my favorite bands in my hometown. Never thought I'd get the chance.

http://www.thecotillion.com/information/general.html

The Cotillion is a special events facility in Wichita, KS that features concerts and dances by nationally known performers on a regular basis. Built in 1960, The Cotillion is a 28,500 square foot building with a maximum concert capacity of 2000 persons. The unique circular design of the building has large wooden beams supporting a 24 foot high domed ceiling over an 11,000 square foot floating hardwood maple dance floor and a stage that features a distinctive neon lit band shell. The Cotillion (11120 W Kellogg) is located at 111th west and Kellogg which is 2 1/2 miles west of Mid-Contient Airport (note: Highway 54 / 400 is referred to locally as Kellogg street.) Tickets to events are available in advance at all area Select-a-Seat locations, by telephone, and on the internet.

http://www.thecotillion.com/information/general.html

The Cotillion is a special events facility in Wichita, KS that features concerts and dances by nationally known performers on a regular basis. Built in 1960, The Cotillion is a 28,500 square foot building with a maximum concert capacity of 2000 persons. The unique circular design of the building has large wooden beams supporting a 24 foot high domed ceiling over an 11,000 square foot floating hardwood maple dance floor and a stage that features a distinctive neon lit band shell. The Cotillion (11120 W Kellogg) is located at 111th west and Kellogg which is 2 1/2 miles west of Mid-Contient Airport (note: Highway 54 / 400 is referred to locally as Kellogg street.) Tickets to events are available in advance at all area Select-a-Seat locations, by telephone, and on the internet.

maybe the wood floor IS stiill there. In any case the place is not horrible by any means, just not as nice as that pictue would make it seem. I'll be there for sure for my fourth Wilco show.