New Fall Dates Just Added!!!!

maybe the wood floor IS stiill there. In any case the place is not horrible by any means, just not as nice as that pictue would make it seem. I'll be there for sure for my fourth Wilco show.

I'm by passing San Antonio which is about 100 miles closer to me for the Wichita gig because of venues. I have talked with other tapers who said Sunset Station is the single worst venue they have attended because of it's metal roof and close proximity to a operating rail road track.

The tape will tell the true quality of the Cotillion as a venue.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm by passing San Antonio which is about 100 miles closer to me for the Wichita gig because of venues. I have talked with other tapers who said Sunset Station is the single worst venue they have attended because of it's metal roof and close proximity to a operating rail road track.

The tape will tell the true quality of the Cotillion as a venue.

cool. I hope it works well for you.

Damn, damn, damn!!!! :realmad

I was hoping they would take the fall off and record that album. But no, the same months I'll be living in Victoria, BC, they'll be touring close to my digs in Atlanta. :hmm

What can a poor boy do? :brow

cest la vie. even if the cotillion has some of the varnish stripped off of her, she still looks like a great place for a gig. i love that wilco chooses these offbeat and/or lesser used venues for their shows.

Rob, are you from Greensburg?

Yep. I always tell people I'm from "outside of Pittsburgh"... You're from the area also, right?

Growing up we used to go to St. Vincent's college to watch the Steelers training camp.

Any idea how this presale stuff works. I've been on their email list forever, but I never seem to get the passwords in any email. Is there something else I need to be doing? Thanks to all, and see you at the show...

meter

Does anyone have any info about the MSU Concert Auditorium in E. Lansing? GA or seated? In the Wharton Center?

Sorry, I couldn't find anything about it on the MSU website or anywhere else for that matter. Might just have to wait for the pre-sale to see if there is any more info at that time.

holy shitzola Wilco is playing in my hometown on Oct the 18th.

cuddle party in Morgantown!!! :w00t (that was me, Via)

Well it looks like I might have to pull a double header, the Latrobe date on Friday is within driving distance as well and I don't think I can pass up Wilco in Morgantown.

--Mike

Yep. I always tell people I'm from "outside of Pittsburgh"... You're from the area also, right?

Growing up we used to go to St. Vincent's college to watch the Steelers training camp.

yeah, Pittsburgh raised from the age of 7. grew up in Oakland/Shadyside.

:cheers

I agree, although it was not the drive to a Dallas gig that was the bitch it was the drive home from the gig that i despised.

That's true. Although Denton is worse. I was surprised I made it home after The Drams show a few weeks ago.

That's true. Although Denton is worse. I was surprised I made it home after The Drams show a few weeks ago.

i'm about to find out just how bad Denton is. I have M Ward at Hailey's next Tuesday. Bar gigs are far worse then standard shows because i don't expect him to hit the stage until around 11.

i'm about to find out just how bad Denton is. I have M Ward at Hailey's next Tuesday. Bar gigs are far worse then standard shows because i don't expect him to hit the stage until around 11.

I just moved to Dallas from Chicago for a job a couple of months ago. I got tix for M. Ward at Haileys too. But, I don't think that show is until the 22nd of September. Looking forward to seeing Wilco in Ft. Worth! Is that venue any good?

There have been too many weekday shows in Denton I've missed because of the drive.

A friend of mine has been to a couple of shows at Will Rogers and said it's a pretty good venue. I've never been, though. Just the fact that it's within walking distance of my house is good enough for me.

Well it looks like I might have to pull a double header, the Latrobe date on Friday is within driving distance as well and I don't think I can pass up Wilco in Morgantown.

--Mike

I wish they were playng at the Met Theater instead.

I just moved to Dallas from Chicago for a job a couple of months ago. I got tix for M. Ward at Haileys too. But, I don't think that show is until the 22nd of September. Looking forward to seeing Wilco in Ft. Worth! Is that venue any good?

Your right M Ward is the 22nd of Setp. I have tickets to the James Gang next Tuesday was the source of my confusion ... I'll be taping the gig and the guy that turned me on to M Ward and wanted me to tape has my ticket for the M Ward show.

Maybe we can meet up at the show for a drink and some Wilco talk? I'll be there early as i can get with a drive from Mineral Wells.

Looking forward to seeing Wilco in Ft. Worth! Is that venue any good?

It's the best venue in Ft.Worth besides Bass Hall. It has a bunch of rock history too, everyone from the Stones to Hendrix has played there. The last show i saw there was Beck and the Flaming Lips a few years back.

There is not a bad seat in the house and the acoustics are very nice. You will not be disappointed. I only wish they used it more. It kicks the shit out of any small venue in Dallas except for maybe the Fair Park Theater.

For some reason bands and promoters like to book Dallas. Ft.Worth is like the step child and the funny thing is Ft.Worth is cleaner, cheeper to dine or drink or stay and has less traffic than Dallas.

It's the best venue in Ft.Worth besides Bass Hall. It has a bunch of rock history too, everyone from the Stones to Hendrix has played there. The last show i saw there was Beck and the Flaming Lips a few years back.

There is not a bad seat in the house and the acoustics are very nice. You will not be disappointed. I only wish they used it more. It kicks the shit out of any small venue in Dallas except for maybe the Fair Park Theater.

For some reason bands and promoters like to book Dallas. Ft.Worth is like the step child and the funny thing is Ft.Worth is cleaner, cheeper to dine or drink or stay and has less traffic than Dallas.

Plus, Dallas is soulless.