Jay Bennet of Wilco

Jay co-wrote a lot of the songs on YHF. As for the keyboards, I agree sometimes he got carried away, but like Stirratt said, Summerteeth was overdone but in a beautiful way. To be honest I think it is kind of ridiculous that Jay was fired. If they had a problem with him taking on too many roles, they should have just talked to him and settle it. It just seems to me like a relationship of about 8 years ended for a dumb reason. Of course I know nothing that happened before his departure... maybe they did talk to him.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell are you talking about?

They gave the crybaby wussy a chance. His feelings hurt him way too much to accept positive criticism.

What a pussy. :wub

looks like that shut him up.

No, you posted a full paragraph of wild speculation, then ended it by saying you have no idea what actually happened.

I think that's what Lazy was talking about.

Edited by Eli Cash

that's not what i said at all. i gave my opinion on what i thought should have been done. i then said that since i do not know the band personally, i can't say wether or not what i thought should have been WAS actually done or not.

Jesus... I can't believe these discussions still go on. Bands evolve, people change and go their seperate ways. It doesn't mean one is better than another. I personally prefer Jay's influence on the band than the stuff that I've heard since, but I won't discount Nels' or anyone else's work as inferior just because I happen to like the alternative.

More importantly, the band doesn't really give a toss what we think about issues like this anyway. Jeff is going to steer the ship in whatever direction comes naturally to him regardless of what the fans think.

Sit back and enjoy the ride or seek out a new band that blows your hair back more than Wilco. Either way, it doesn't seem necessary to belittle one in order to praise the other.

I'm going to get a beer now.

Jesus... I can't believe these discussions still go on. Bands evolve, people change and go their seperate ways. It doesn't mean one is better than another. I personally prefer Jay's influence on the band than the stuff that I've heard since, but I won't discount Nels' or anyone else's work as inferior just because I happen to like the alternative.

More importantly, the band doesn't really give a toss what we think about issues like this anyway. Jeff is going to steer the ship in whatever direction comes naturally to him regardless of what the fans think.

Sit back and enjoy the ride or seek out a new band that blows your hair back more than Wilco. Either way, it doesn't seem necessary to belittle one in order to praise the other.

I'm going to get a beer now.

[/quo

Hmmmm.......well, what we think is the whole purpose of VC. I don't think that Jeff does "give a toss" or is going to be influenced when I post a comment saying something like "I don't like horns" on a paticular song.

I love when peoples opinions are that peoples opinions are worthless on a message board like this one, and they use the message board to state that opinion.

Edited by Lazy Locomotive