Google Music Trends & Wilco

Google just released something called Google Music Trends where they track what Google Talk users are listening to and I found Wilco under the "Country" genre.

http://www.google.com/trends/music?genre=Country

I guess the good news is that they're the most popular with 8 spots in the top twenty...more than Johnny Cash even!

Edited by Opuntia

I just listened to a great version of PK Black last night & it reminded me of how underrated a song it is & ummm...the question??? :stunned

As far as Country goes,you might not overtly hear it,but it sure can be high & lonesome sometimes...which is kinda country i guess

jesus etc.

is that the thanks I get

ashes of american flags

reservations

muzzle of bees

all sound country to me.

I am just naming a few off the top of my head.

there are many others.

jesus etc.

is that the thanks I get

ashes of american flags

reservations

muzzle of bees

all sound country to me.

I am just naming a few off the top of my head.

there are many others.

None of those are country at all. Especially Is That The Thanks I Get? That's such a showbiz tune.

None of those are country at all. Especially Is That The Thanks I Get? That's such a showbiz tune.

What? You don't think Jesus etc sounds country? I guess I equate country with acoustic guitars, lap steel guitars, and cowboy hats, which they all wore when recording this song.

Ok, I am just lying about the cowboy hats.

What? You don't think Jesus etc sounds country? I guess I equate country with acoustic guitars, lap steel guitars, and cowboy hats, which they all wore when recording this song.

there is an overtly country band in my neck of the woods that does a real nice cover of "Jesus Etc"... :cheers

-Robert.

Lap steel doesn't always equal country. Look at Robert Randolph. Though his is a pedal steel (too closely related to the lap steel), he rocks that shit out. You don't rock shit out in country. You...um...country shit out when you play country?

As far as Country goes,you might not overtly hear it,but it sure can be high & lonesome sometimes...which is kinda country i guess

Absolutely!! :thumbup

Not the pop country of today, but more like the Americana roots country that you don't hear much any more. I love the high and lonesome, mournful and sorrowful sounds best. Still, I wouldn't refer to Wilco as country...they basically defy any easy categorization because of how they've evolved from AM. If forced to label, I'd stick with rock and roll.

:rock