06 I Can't Keep From Talking

07 Acuff-Rose

*thanks to Charles Harris for the use of the photo*

thanks for posting this! look foward to reliving that great night :w00t

btw, were you the guy who pointed out that there was a wasp up my shirt? :lol

I think that was the guy I rode down with. I semi remember that

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=29065&a...llist=1#seeders

shows 50 seeders & 67 leeches! you shouldn't be having any issues

I'm still only connected to 7 seeds at 14k a second. I'm on a very fast dsl connection, which usually runs well. Using BitTornado 0.3.7. I've also had a yellow light throughout the entire process (3 hrs at this point). Any explanation?

Edited by blasto2236
im on dsl as well and its downloading at 12 kb/s lol...maybe im just spoiled as this is the first torrent ive downloaded since i got rid of cable...this show will be worth waiting for though!

I suppose that's my problem as well, but when I'm downloading via a file sharing client such as Soulseek, my average kb/s rate is actually faster than it was with my old cable connection, so I assumed this would be too. Oh well, I'm halfway done, even though my rate has dropped to 5kb/s :blink

I'm still only connected to 7 seeds at 14k a second. I'm on a very fast dsl connection, which usually runs well. Using BitTornado 0.3.7. I've also had a yellow light throughout the entire process (3 hrs at this point). Any explanation?

Have you done the port forwarding stuff? It really helps the connection.

Have you done the port forwarding stuff? It really helps the connection.

ding ding. If you're on a wireless & its a recent transition you need to get around the firewall with portforward.

From the thread on this show:

Here's a link to the song from Zamboni Man. This spare, moving song was one of the highlights of the show for me. It was better live than this link from movie, but we have to wait to hear that. (Yes, there were tapers!)

Lullaby for Rafters and Beams

It includes an MP3 ripped from the movie, lyrics and a link to the movie (didn't work for me).

The Jeff Tweedy show was great, just like everyone said it would be. It was awesome to hear those songs stripped down to just him and the guitar on a nice summer night in an intimate setting. Sparkle and Ace went with me and they were freaking out. Not on Jeff Tweedy though.

They were fascinated with all the hippies.

I went to see Wilco last year at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium and there weren't a bunch of hippies there....a few Alt Country nerds maybe but no hippies. But put Jeff Tweedy at an art museum amphitheater and the hippies will come out of their communes in droves. Woah! No one was in tye-dye....but there were plenty of flowing skirts, mandals (man sandals), long hair and just a general aura of "peace, man" about the place. The museum serves wine, too, so there were some really drunk hippies there. The people next to us were having a picnic and the main course was hummus. Sparkle and Ace were about to bust a gut laughing, especially when Ace decides to give a loud speech about how he had an uncontrollable urge to cut a tree down and how one day HIS kids will wear non-biodegradable diapers. These damn kids, can't take 'em anywhere.

But the most amazing moment was when the show started. I'm all into it and starting to get that music buzz on....and right across the way from us...I swear upon all that is true....a lady starts going through the trash to get all the cans and bottles out for recycling. WTF!!!! And I was getting REALLY pissy because all I can hear is.....

Jeff: "I am an

Woman: *clank!*

Jeff: American

Woman: *crash!*

Jeff: aquarium drinker.."

Woman: *rattle!* *slam!*

It was like she decided "Hey! The show's started, time to slam cans!" I was about to have a fit and she did it like 3 times during the show. I wanted to raise some hell about it so bad but my inner polite southern belle remained firmly in control. I mean, I'm all for recycling....but why not at least wait till the end of the show? And all those hippies were just peaceful as could be, no one said a word to her. It would not have been very John Lennonesque to have gotten pissy with her, I guess. "All we are saying....is give Dumpster Diving a chance!"

So. That was that, the show was great, and Sparkle and Ace got a taste of a whole other culture. And that whole other culture got a big dose of them. And we're all going to go back soon for an actual day in the museum. All is peaceful, man.

Looks like they changed the format for that page. :ermm Right-click on the green icon next to the date, and "save as", that should do it.

Any general BT questions, there's a BT 101 thread, or just post 'em here and we'll try to help out.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone help out a newbie and do a b & P on this show? I promise to learn how to do torrents some time. I won't always be a dumbass. I would just love to get my hands on this show. I have a couple other Wilco shows and a solo Jeff show that I would be willing to trade.

Can ya help a sister out? Pretty please?

Peace,

Terri