• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badly. The Giants' only chance is if Tiki Barber has a transcendent performance.

Condolences to the Cowboys fans, but the unhappier Bill Parcells is, the happier I am.

I was nearly asleep on the couch watching the Stars game and I heard my dad start yelling like somebody died. Bad night for fans of any Dallas team.

I was at work sitting across the desk from a huge cowboys fan, and said "bad snap" as a goof just as Romo fumbled the snap. He took it OK, having had his expectations greatly deminished by the loss to Detroit last week.

I was hoping that crybaby Holmgren would get knocked out of the playoffs.

Condolences to the Cowboys fans, but the unhappier Bill Parcells is, the happier I am.

what in the hell was romo handling the snaps for anyway? once he had the first string QB gig, why didn't that role fall to someone else with less on his plate? (especially considering the fact that parcells replaced the field goal kicker mid-season)

what in the hell was romo handling the snaps for anyway? once he had the first string QB gig, why didn't that role fall to someone else with less on his plate? (especially considering the fact that parcells replaced the field goal kicker mid-season)

They never really said last night. They just said that since he was the back-up at the beginning of the season, he just kept the job. Not much of an explination if you ask me.

What a shitty way to lose, huh? Was a good game though. I actually feel bad for the Cowboys. I used to hate then with a passion because my ex was obsessed with Troy Aikman.

You think he fumbled the snap because he had too much on his plate? Ridiculous. It was a fluke, that's all. You usually want a QB as your holder, and there's no way Bledoe was going to volunteer for the job once he got benched. Also, there's quite a few starting QB's who are also their teams' holders.

You think he fumbled the snap because he had too much on his plate? Ridiculous. It was a fluke, that's all.

I think that a starting quarterback has bigger and better things to focus on in preparing for a game, and I think that the coach has other players who could have filled the position.

you seem really sweet. Want to make out sometime?

They say the ball was new and slippery. "Nothing is automatic in football."

Also, there's quite a few starting QB's who are also their teams' holders.

they said last night that romo was the only starter besides cutler (also mid season starter) to hold for kicks.

is there any way to make believe this season never happened..and make it stick?

holy crap was this a season to forget for chiefs fans. i need to take a few years off to get myself together. maybe herm will be gone by then.

i need to take a few years off to get myself together. maybe herm will be gone by then.

I've tried this strategy with the Danny Snyder era in Washington (not to mention the Peter Angelos era in Baltimore). The downside to this is that the NFL and MLB are dead to me, indefinitely. Hope you have a favorite college team to help ease the pain. :wave

is there any way to make believe this season never happened..and make it stick?

holy crap was this a season to forget for chiefs fans. i need to take a few years off to get myself together. maybe herm will be gone by then.

Least you've got the Royals.

They say the ball was new and slippery. "Nothing is automatic in football."

True enough. Also consider that had Gramatica (the kicker) actually thrown at least a half assed block at the guy rushing in Romo might have gotten the 1st down or scored. The guy that tackled Romo was the dude rushing the kick, he hustled down and got him. All Gramatica had to do was hold him up for a second. But you can't really expect a kicker to actually block or tackle with any skill.

Also consider that had Gramatica (the kicker) actually thrown at least a half assed block at the guy rushing in Romo might have gotten the 1st down or scored.

I still have a grudge against that guy because of one too many times hearing Brent Musberger refer to him as "Automatica!" when he was in college. :frusty

I still have a grudge against that guy because of one too many times hearing Brent Musberger refer to him as "Automatica!" when he was in college. :frusty

It's healthier to just have a grudge against Musburger. He's a twit.

It's healthier to just have a grudge against Musburger. He's a twit.

He is, yet somehow he is a strangely-endearing twit. Maybe just because he has been broadcasting football games for as long as I can remember, so I cut him some slack. Half the time he's spouting nonsense, but its easy enough to tune him out. (except when he latches onto a catchprase--like "Automatica"--and then I want to reach through the TV and smack him) :lol

I don't tend to cut sportscasters much slack, because they're the luckiest sons-o'-bitches on the planet. They get paid good money to sit in prime seats at sporting events and yammer endlessly about what they're seeing. And they're not even necessary. I don't need some idiot telling me what's going on when I can see the action perfectly well on my television screen. The "insight" provided by 90% of all sidekick analysts doesn't make me feel like I understand the game any better -- in fact, I usually feel dumber after listening to them.

I remember reading a year or two ago about a media labor dispute (or something) in a league somewhere (I want to say the CFL) that resulted in games being broadcast with no commentary whatsoever -- just the usual camera shots and the ambient noise from the venue. That sounds like my idea of perfect sports television. :thumbup

I don't tend to cut sportscasters much slack, because they're the luckiest sons-o'-bitches on the planet. They get paid good money to sit in prime seats at sporting events and yammer endlessly about what they're seeing. And they're not even necessary. I don't need some idiot telling me what's going on when I can see the action perfectly well on my television screen. The "insight" provided by 90% of all sidekick analysts doesn't make me feel like I understand the game any better -- in fact, I usually feel dumber after listening to them.

I remember reading a year or two ago about a media labor dispute (or something) in a league somewhere (I want to say the CFL) that resulted in games being broadcast with no commentary whatsoever -- just the usual camera shots and the ambient noise from the venue. That sounds like my idea of perfect sports television. :thumbup

I'm pretty sure that was the CFL, and I think it was a huge hit.

Maybe. I remember when I was really young they used to show German soccer on PBS, I think, on Sunday mornings and I thought it was really cool. There were announcers, but I had no idea what they were saying so I just watched and followed along as best I could and it was pretty neat.

I'm not sure how announcer-less tv football would be. Certainly, a lot of the commentary is unnecessary, so it might be worth a shot. On the other hand, there have been times I've been watching a sporting event at a bar or something with no sound and something happens in the game that isn't obvious (like a player injury or a controversial penalty) and I wish they'd turn the sound up so I could hear the explanation. For the most part, tho, you're probably right that they don't add a lot to the game experience.