• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have the patriots become the yankees of the nfl or what? lotta haterade around here tonite. sheesh.

That exact question was brought up in a New York Times story the other day.

So much for the Colts. Lotta bad karma for that team to work off after leaving Baltimore like that.

You didn't read Bill Simmons' column?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/070119

thanks for posting that. I hadn't read it. I'm not as fanatical about football as i am about baseball, but this season i found myself watching a lot of different games, and even hooting at the TV, and ben and are in different rooms, sometimes watching different games.

As an irish american growing up in new england, i was genetically predestined to hate the Yankees, and i certainly don't love them, but i have a fond spot for the players from NY who play the game, not the hype because i am a fan of Baseball the Game, no matter where it is played.

Sports has a way of making people feel connected to something that is out of their control... a lot, i guess, like religion except you can see it on TV so you know its true.

I'm interested in the Colts winning to break the myth that Manning always loses big games. He had two mediocre games thus far, but he still was on the winning side for two big games this season--just not the biggest thus far.

I guess you just get tired of hearing the same angles over and over when they have questionable truthiness. Just like how other people got tired of hearing about the Bears' dominant defense.

WOW. :blink That 2nd half was just one of the most exciting halves of football I've watched in a loooong time.

The I-65 Super Bowl! :cheers

NOT

Ha! I wrote that ON PURPOSE to make the universe, which always wants to make me look stupid for some reason, make the Colts win. Mission. Accomplished. :cheekkiss