• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently my new suitemate's brother is none other than Desmond Clark of the Chicago Bears. He's supposed to be stopping by sometime this week.

That was that guy who ran back the failed FG against the Giants, no? Thank him for that for me. And when I say "thank," I mean pie him in the face.

That was that guy who ran back the failed FG against the Giants, no? Thank him for that for me. And when I say "thank," I mean pie him in the face.

That was Devin Hester.

Clark did catch a TD in that game.

Bretty Favre is NOT retiring, and will return to lead the cheesehead nation for another year

story here

Just heard this on the radio. Sounds like someone wants to break a few more QB records - he is about a season away from all time yards, TDs and a few others. I hope he goes out a winner - which he should as long as the Packers can build a bit more in the receiver department.

I'm going to go on the record and predict a Bears win on Sunday.

I'm not supremely confident about this prediction, but the overwhelming consensus that they don't seem to have a chance is the surest sign (to me) that there's an upset in the making.

Of course, being a lifelong Bears fan probably also has something to do with it. ;)

Bears 23, Colts 20

There's an overwhelming concensus that they don't stand a chance? We must be following completely different media. The Colts have certainly been favored, but I've seen a good number of people picking the Bears too. I think that they definately have a much better chance of beating the Colts than they would have the Patriots, Chargers or Ravens. Colts are probably a little better, but definately not enough that the Bears can't win. I think it will be close, but I guess I'll give the Colts a little bit of an edge. I'll say 27-24.

There's an overwhelming concensus that they don't stand a chance? We must be following completely different media. The Colts have certainly been favored, but I've seen a good number of people picking the Bears too. I think that they definately have a much better chance of beating the Colts than they would have the Patriots, Chargers or Ravens. Colts are probably a little better, but definately not enough that the Bears can't win. I think it will be close, but I guess I'll give the Colts a little bit of an edge. I'll say 27-24.

Yeah, we must be reading different media. Every "expert" prediction I've seen so far has gone the Colts' way.

The jinx is always on the Colts side, I live in Indiana and I still have not go on the Colts band wagon, I have been a Bears fan since I can remember. In Indiana you pretty much need to keep your mouth shut and deal with the Colts. My daughter came home from school yesterday and said her English teache got his jaw broke and it is wired shut, because he had a Bear's shirt on and a drunk guy slugged him. It is not safe being a bear's fan in Indiana, it's crazy. :no

I'm in Indiana as well (Bloomington) and their is a huge Bear's following in this town (this is Rex's hometown), and they have no problems as far as I can tell. I'm actually a Charger fan and went to the game last year when the Chargers beat them after starting 13-0, and no one gave me crap before or after the game. I've found Colts fan to be pretty easy-going.

Bill Swerski: Alright, alright! Now, let me shift gears here for a moment. What is God's role in this? Obviously, he's rooting for Da Bears.

Pat Arnold: Otherwise, he wouldn't have put 'em in Chicago.

Carl Wollarski: That's right.

Bill Swerski: That's right. Da question is: Now, did God create Da Bears, and make them superior to all teams? Or is he simply a huge fan, and Ditka made them superior to all other teams?

Carl Wollarski: That's a tough one.

Bill Swerski: Alright, alright! Now, let me shift gears here for a moment. What is God's role in this? Obviously, he's rooting for Da Bears.

Pat Arnold: Otherwise, he wouldn't have put 'em in Chicago.

Carl Wollarski: That's right.

Bill Swerski: That's right. Da question is: Now, did God create Da Bears, and make them superior to all teams? Or is he simply a huge fan, and Ditka made them superior to all other teams?

Carl Wollarski: That's a tough one.

:lol Yes let us not forget the "Superfans"

Sounds like someone wants to break a few more QB records - [Favre] is about a season away from all time yards, TDs and a few others. I hope he goes out a winner - which he should as long as the Packers can build a bit more in the receiver department.

Rumor around Wisconsin is that the Pack might make a move for Randy Moss, a prospect I am deeply ambivalent about.

I also have mixed feelings about Favre's return. At the end of the 2005 season, I wanted him to step aside and give space for Rodgers to practice in a risk-free rebuilding year. Now, though, I think I want to see him get that career TD record, and it might be fun seeing him gun for the playoffs one last time. Based on the last few games, and with the right off-season moves, this team could, perhaps, help Favre retire as a winner.

As for the Super Bowl, Go Colts.

I know you've heard of the curse of the Bambino...well here we got the curse of Johnny U.

The Colts will never,EVER win the Super Bowl in Indy (discount 1970) because of the low-down,snakey way they left Baltimore in the middle of the night.

Great team on paper...kinda like the Dallas Cowboys of the Meredith/Morton years...maybe I'll eat my words but I'm betting I won't have to

I'm eating my words right now. But wtf...here's to ya Dungy! :cheers

I am really happy for Tony Dungy. If anyone deserves this, he does. Since he's joined the Colts organization he's lost his Mom, his Dad, and most tragically, his son last year. The guy has always just been very classy ever since he hit town.

Good thing it's 15 below here....maybe the fans won't tear the place up. :lol