(BT) JT 08-18-06

Torrent is up for this show:

http://cotapers.org/torrents.php

Jeff Tweedy

Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, Planet Bluegrass, Lyons, CO

Source: Microtech Gefell M300's > Lunatec V3 (opti-mod) > Nomad JB3 >

Firewire > CoolEdit Pro > CDWave > Flac16

Taped by: Lance Stack (inthistube [at] yahoo.com)

Disc 1 of 2:

1. (intro)

2. What Light

3. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

4. Remember The Mountain Bed

5. Was I (In Your Dreams)

6. Butterfly (So Much Wine)

7. The Ruling Class

8. Blasting Fonda

9. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

10. Airline To Heaven

11. Please Tell My Brother

12. Hesitating Beauty

13. Theologians

14. Passenger Side

15. Shot In The Arm

(Encore)

16. (intro)

17. Walken

18. instrumental #1

19. Losing End

Disc 2 of 2:

1. California Stars

2. ?

3. New Madrid

4. I'm The Man Who Loves You

5. Acuff Rose

Edited by bldad

I can`t download from this source "Problem connecting to tracker ...) I have never problems with bittorrents from other sources like viachicago, etree or dimaadozen . Is there a chance, that this will be offered also in another bittorrent program ?

Esp. of course I

Whenever someone has the chance to download and listen to this, can you report back with the name of song 2 on disc 2. Also, what's "Instrumental #1"?

Thanks!

Rob -

Song 2 Disc 2 = same fragment of the Elizabeth Cotten song from the the 08-16 show (has someone come up with a song title?)

"Instrumental #1" = In Christ There Is No East or West (again, same tune from 08-16)

Rob -

Song 2 Disc 2 = same fragment of the Elizabeth Cotten song from the the 08-16 show (has someone come up with a song title?)

"Instrumental #1" = In Christ There Is No East or West (again, same tune from 08-16)

Great, thanks. That's just the info I was looking for.

In case you were wondering why I just don't download and listen for myself... I'm taking a break from downloading and listening to the new shows. I may try to see one of the fall shows, and I'd like to experience the new songs live for the first time.

from 08-16)

The instrumental part sounds a bit like her tune "Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie," (that the Dead covered) but the lyrics don't fit the song.

lol at jeff calling the entire audience out for not singing along right before theologians

"do you people know any of these songs? if you do, feel free to sing along"

this audience is definitely worthless. they are completely silent while he's playing

Thats a pretty bold statement.

More asinine than bold, really.

First of all, JT was slated to play only about 2 months prior to the show. Most tix to the event were already sold before anyone knew he'd even be added to the line-up. Second, it was a festival with a lot of other musicians, not a Jeff Tweedy show. Third, it was outdoors. How well do the voices of the people singing along actually carry to the stage outdoors...? Lastly, it's a very laid back atmosphere. He was the closing act after a long day of music. Maybe folks just wanted to listen?

• 3 weeks later...

It's called "I'm Going Away" by Elizabeth Cotten. You should check her out on wikipedia, she's a really interesting woman. It's on her album Shaking Sugaree

EDIT

----------------

It's called Shake Sugaree. Looks like all this Wilco is more deep-seated in my brain than I previously thought.

Edited by fletcher