One set or two?

I know that usually at about the 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 mark they usually take a SMALL 5 min. 'break' & then finish with 30-45 min. worth of encores.

Personally,I really like 2 sets (probably a result of dozens of GD & Phish shows).2 1/2 hrs. is an awful long time to go w/o a bathroom/beer break...but ya really hate to leave the room when the Boys are crankin' out the RXR :rock

What do you all think???

Scott

http://www.biorelief.com/store/stadiumpal.html :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :cheers :beer :beer :beer

Variation is always a plus i would say i agree with those looking for 2 set shows. I dont think it will happen though.

I hope this is all a misunderstanding,and someday we can laugh at this all while at a Wilco show and listening to a song I don't care too much for.

Sounds like a plan.

Sadly, if I hadn't just started a new job, I'd be hitting many more than the Cincy and Louisville shows and may have that opportunity. I'd be able to catch the Purdue show and possibly the East Lansing one too if I wasn't in a training position. Bummer.

I could go either way with the two sets or one, and not to beat a old drum here but I think more variation would shut down a lot of these types of threads. I don't think the 2vs1 debate would exist if say a third to a half of the show was different from night to night. It would seem to be that since 2/3 of the band have joined during YHF and AGIB that the material from those two albums would be old and boring to those members and only Jeff and John would be bored with the first three albums and various other outtakes from '95-01. I understand that a lot of AM type stuff doesn't quite work with the new sound, but with all of the talent in the band, some of the older albums' material could be completely reworked and updated. Alright I'm running out of steam here, that's it.

I could go either way with the two sets or one, and not to beat a old drum here but I think more variation would shut down a lot of these types of threads. I don't think the 2vs1 debate would exist if say a third to a half of the show was different from night to night. It would seem to be that since 2/3 of the band have joined during YHF and AGIB that the material from those two albums would be old and boring to those members and only Jeff and John would be bored with the first three albums and various other outtakes from '95-01. I understand that a lot of AM type stuff doesn't quite work with the new sound, but with all of the talent in the band, some of the older albums' material could be completely reworked and updated. Alright I'm running out of steam here, that's it.

Alot of good points made there man. :cheers

Scott

My only point of reference for two sets is Springsteen, back in the day. Man, that wore me out. I think, these days, one long set is the way to go and though I love JT, he's no BS. I've liked the longer encores and think the band might lose some momentum if they had some kind of intermission. Plus, the crowd would just get more drunk and obnoxious--at least those frat boys!

:cheers