Holy!! Crap

Sorry i have been gone for a while but I did not see this posted. I already have Tix for Tall stacks, I might have to blow off the "festival" set to catch them in what looks like a great outdoor venue!! I lived in louisville for years and I had never heard of rhe Iroquois Theater!! This is the best first day back after vaction ever!!!! :blink :blink :rock :thumbup :stunned :w00t

The Iroquois Theatre is an outdoor ampitheatre in Iroquois Park in The southend. It's a grand old Olmstead- designed park about 8-10 miles south of downtown off of Taylor Boulevard. There is an amazing view of the whole city up at the top and it's definitely worth arriving early not only for the soundcheck, but to walk around the massive park for a couple of hours. I spent hundreds of hours in the park as a teenager getting into all sorts of things that teenagers get into. The actual ampitheatre is outdoors witha traditional bowl style seating arrangement. It's mostly used for plays and classical concerts. I think it's a rare day for a band of Wilco's caliber to play there. But to see Wilco outdoors on an early fall day in a beautiful old park should be quite the show. Have a good one, Greg

Thanks for the info

I am thinking about taking my three year old to her first concert, this might be the perfect spot, she will be four by then outdoors not hard on there little ears and room to run until she falls over and sleeps through the second half of the show! Wilco disserves an award for finding the funky theaters hidden across America

GO WILCO!!!!!

So Ticketmaster shows tickets going on sale9/8/06 and wilcoworld says TBA I really don't want to miss great seats for this venue! any Advice? I could drive to louisville and spend the night in front of the tix office like I was a teenager! :w00t

what night is this show, I may consider going

by the way, am I screwed because I haven't gotten Tall Stacks tickets yet? I thought they hadn't announced the actual venue yet, so I was waiting . . .

It's on a sunday night, the tall stacks pass is good four all four days of music I think? I bought two passes at my local Kroger store way out here in rural Ky.

what night is this show, I may consider going

by the way, am I screwed because I haven't gotten Tall Stacks tickets yet? I thought they hadn't announced the actual venue yet, so I was waiting . . .

The venue for the Tall Stacks show is the Tall Stacks festival. The pass gets you in for all four days, and the show will be GA. So, no, you're not screwed. Wilco's playing Saturday night, after Old Crow Medicine Show.

Tall Stacks

Louisville is Sunday, but the venue doesn't have any info up on the show yet.