Oct 19 DC date

Faster than 45 minutes for sure, more like 10-15. Remember the 9:30 Club is just that, a club. It's pretty much as small a space as you'll ever see Wilco play. The capacity is probably around a very packed 1,200. Why not just try the Wilcoworld presale?

Edited by GregRVA

Yes the whole place is General Admission, so get there early. You wont regret how intimate it is.

The two shows at the 9:30 In February '05 sold out real fast if I remember correctly, not a matter of hours, but of minutes. Being that this is just one, it will be extremely fierce competition. Nonetheless when I get mine I hope to see some of the same beautiful people in the GA line as last time. One of the two days was the coldest all winter and we were there many, many hours before the door. Luckily we were let in early out of the frigid weather and got to hear the soundcheck and get out of the elements. Oh yeah, the shows were unbelievable. The weather should be much more accomodating in October. See all of you there......................................... about eight hours early, Greg

Those two shows sold out in five minutes -- and that was the regular sale, not the pre-sale. I think previous shows have sold out in a relatively normal half an hour or so.

And thanks for the reminder of a lovely line experience, Greg. A sunny spring-like day for the first show, followed by the freakish blizzard for the second, and great folks in line for both.

Yes the whole place is General Admission, so get there early. You wont regret how intimate it is.

Won't be possible, but I've already done the intimate venue thing so I'm good. I'll just be happy to be there, if I get a ticket that is.

Won't be possible, but I've already done the intimate venue thing so I'm good. I'll just be happy to be there, if I get a ticket that is.

The 9:30 Club is the coolest place ever...well, almost. ;) You'll love it. I wish this show were on a weekend!!

The 9:30 Club is the coolest place ever...well, almost. ;) You'll love it. I wish this show were on a weekend!!

That's the problem I'm having...the date of the show. :( Not to mention, Jenny Lewis is playing there October 15.

Faster than 45 minutes for sure, more like 10-15. Remember the 9:30 Club is just that, a club. It's pretty much as small a space as you'll ever see Wilco play. The capacity is probably around a very packed 1,200. Why not just try the Wilcoworld presale?

Well I'm going to try for the presale but there's no guarantee there I wouldn't think considering how popular the 9:30 club seems to be. If I have my brother sitting at his computer before 10 AM, do you think he has a good chance of scoring tickets the day they go onsale to the public?

ooooh...should i do morgantown or dc or both? i'm probably equal distance from both. i don't think i could take off work for both though....

i guess it depends on which one i get tickets for then..

now, i wait.

Some sort of rule or other (fire regulations?) kept them from letting more than (I think) 12 people stand around in the lobby, so only those foolish enough to have been there for WAY longer than 2 hours got ushered in.

The 930 staff also fed us ginger snaps. They were really terrible ginger snaps, but the thought was lovely.

Letting us in was really just to get us out of the weather -- getting to hear soundcheck was incidental.

Some sort of rule or other (fire regulartions?) kept them from letting more than (I think) 12 people stand around in the lobby, so only those foolish enough to have been there for WAY longer than 2 hours got ushered in.

The 930 staff also fed us ginger snaps. They were really terrible ginger snaps, but the thought was lovely.

Letting us in was really just to get us out of the weather -- getting to hear soundcheck was incidental.

Ah, I see. That's pretty cool then. I must've been within the first 20 or so people in line after the group that was let in early. The biggest thing I remember was how cold it was outside and then how odd it was that they had cold air blowing up on the area by the upstairs bar. Didn't make sense. Spectacular show, though.