Would Anyone need/use these?

I've written rough sketches of ELT, Summerteeth and Spiders (kidsmoke) based on a couple of tweedy solo performances. I'm just terrible at creating tabs, so I tend to do them in parts, with sidebars on specific runs (as opposed to simple chord strummings).

Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in any of those three before I took the time to put them together.

--Neil

I've written rough sketches of ELT, Summerteeth and Spiders (kidsmoke) based on a couple of tweedy solo performances. I'm just terrible at creating tabs, so I tend to do them in parts, with sidebars on specific runs (as opposed to simple chord strummings).

Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in any of those three before I took the time to put them together.

--Neil

There's a pretty good version of acousstic Spiders in the archives here. Not sure about ELT and Summerteeth. AFAIK, the solo versions aren't different than the full band versions.... have you compared your notes with gumbopages? Sometimes the stuff there is good, some times not so good.

There's a pretty good version of acousstic Spiders in the archives here. Not sure about ELT and Summerteeth. AFAIK, the solo versions aren't different than the full band versions.... have you compared your notes with gumbopages? Sometimes the stuff there is good, some times not so good.

I've gotten frustrated with gumbo to the point of leaving it alone. nothing personal or anything, I've just found too many inaccuracies and/or not enough detail. Maybe I should give it another chance.

It's such a pain to transcribe tabs. Very recently I saw a request from someone and ended up doing the tab in a PM, so as to avoid the usual criticisms, etc.. Mine end up looking something like this:

For opening verse, play this chord progression: blah, blah, blah*

*at this point, there's a little riff, as follows:

---

---

---

---

---

---

etc. etc.

Not a work of art, surely, but it will get you playing the song accurately....

--Neil

by the way, where are the archives? are you just saying I need to search old posts?

Summerteeth is all chords, really, so a chord base is only needed for that.

edit: I'm pretty sure it's been done already.

New Madrid is also chordal. Couple of As, Ds, f#s, Es, E7s, etc. and you are on the ball.

I've found most of the "chord base" songs have little walkdowns in them that nobody seems to tab out. I suppose it could help some people maybe.

--Neil

I, too, hate trying to write tabs in ASCII... If you're wanting to transcribe songs, I highly recommend taking a look at powertab, a powerful little program that makes writing accurate and informative tabs easy. You can find it at http://www.power-tab.com and the official archive at http://www.powertabs.net. I'm one of the resident contributors there, so if you need any help getting started just send and email/PM my way.

I've found most of the "chord base" songs have little walkdowns in them that nobody seems to tab out. I suppose it could help some people maybe.

*raises hand* :yes

It would definitely help me. I'm still fairly retarded when it comes to playing guitar. Things that might be blatantly obvious to most decent guitar playing people are completely foreign to me.