this week's events:

We have skunks.

They're gorgeous. I guess I should be worried that skunks like our back yard so much, but they're the most beautiful animals ... I can't bear to chase them away.

They only seem to come out after dark, so I think we're OK just leaving them alone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just say the book offended you so much, you tore into little pieces and flushed it down the turlet.

Just say the book offended you so much, you tore into little pieces and flushed it down the turlet.

haha... nice. the prof. knows me too well for that though... she was my thesis advisor last year, so she knows my tricks.

haha... nice. the prof. knows me too well for that though... she was my thesis advisor last year, so she knows my tricks.

Oh well. You'll just have to satisfy yourself with a stinging critique.

Oh well. You'll just have to satisfy yourself with a stinging critique.

yeah i'm kind of known for my harshness towards the books we read... for my last semester though i've been trying to freak people out by doing the opposite, so maybe i'll be glowingly giddy about it

i refuse to be that guy

:rotfl

Actually, here at Grinnell there is both a cape girl and a giant hat girl. For a while I thought they might be the same person, just because not too many people would be that absurd. But nope. Cape girl always wears her black cape, everywhere and in every season. And big hat girl has this black and white leapord print hat with purple velvet trim that's about the same size as an oversize sombrero...and never goes anywhere without it. How these people function in society is beyond me.

:rotfl

Actually, here at Grinnell there is both a cape girl and a giant hat girl. For a while I thought they might be the same person, just because not too many people would be that absurd. But nope. Cape girl always wears her black cape, everywhere and in every season. And big hat girl has this black and white leapord print hat with purple velvet trim that's about the same size as an oversize sombrero...and never goes anywhere without it. How these people function in society is beyond me.

hey we have a cape girl, too! geez... her's is black with a velvet merlot interior, and she also wears hers in all seasons at all times... we make loud jest of her as much as possible. perhaps i'm just mean.

hey we have a cape girl, too! geez... her's is black with a velvet merlot interior, and she also wears hers in all seasons at all times... we make loud jest of her as much as possible. perhaps i'm just mean.

Damn, they're like the plague. Ours also looks exactly like Harry Potter, which really doesn't help her much at all. :yay

Ah, college. In the real world, we call those people "Persons In Need of Supervision."

Meanwhile, I am missing Albuquerque tonight.

04_11_20_albu_full.jpg

Meanwhile, I am missing Albuquerque tonight.

04_11_20_albu_full.jpg

May I suggest "Tonight's The Night" & a shot of tequila?

Out of tequila. I actually like listening to Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys when thinking of New Mexico.

Damn, they're like the plague. Ours also looks exactly like Harry Potter, which really doesn't help her much at all. :yay

yours has it a bit on ours then... ours is all right looking, she's just a... well a cape girl. as if that isn't bad enough

We don't have a cape girl around here that I know of, but we do have an Umbrella Man. Uses it in all weather. Walks all over town. I thought he was weird when I was younger. Now I have a certain respect for the guy.

We don't have a cape girl around here that I know of, but we do have an Umbrella Man. Uses it in all weather. Walks all over town. I thought he was weird when I was younger. Now I have a certain respect for the guy.

Is he english or asian?

We have skunks.

They're gorgeous. I guess I should be worried that skunks like our back yard so much, but they're the most beautiful animals ... I can't bear to chase them away.

They only seem to come out after dark, so I think we're OK just leaving them alone.

had one in the backyard at 6:30 AM last week, fortunately I had not let the dog out yet! Much whiter than I had expected, with the black mainly on the sides.

PEPE LE BLANC!!!

had one in the backyard at 6:30 AM last week, fortunately I had not let the dog out yet! Much whiter than I had expected, with the black mainly on the sides.

PEPE LE BLANC!!!

Yeah, ours are whiter than I would have expected. More "white with black" than "black with white."

I usually only see one at a time, though occasionally there have been two (and they sometimes fight).